cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bclk

jbasemoine
Level 9
Hi there,

I'm not all that well know wen it comes to Overclocking etc..
I have been fiddeling around in the bios to get my ram speeds as high and stable as possible.
When i put BCLK @ 112.5 i can get my ram on 3603 mhz, but after windows is loaded i get nothing but a black screen!
Also i don't want to dmg my cpu or components i'm using.
so i would like to know what is the max BCLK i can set my system to and or how can i tell/calculate this ?
8 REPLIES 8

Zka17
Level 16
I would advise you to go ahead and check the appropriate OC guide for your platform!
You will find that BCLK settings will influence everything in your system (CPU, GPU, RAM, storage)
If you share the details of your system, I can help you locate the appropriate OC guide...

jab383
Level 13
You will have to list your system equipment, particularly motherboard, video card, CPU and cooling. There are many differences that apply to answering your question.

MNMadman
Level 8
jbasemoine wrote:
Hi there,

I have been fiddeling around in the bios to get my ram speeds as high and stable as possible.
When i put BCLK @ 112.5 i can get my ram on 3603 mhz, but after windows is loaded i get nothing but a black screen!
so i would like to know what is the max BCLK i can set my system to and or how can i tell/calculate this ?

There is no calculation to be done. The only way to see what you can set the BCLK to on your system is to test it on your system. Most likely, other hardware in your system (GPU maybe) doesn't like the high BCLK so it gives you the black screen.

On my system If I set the BCLK too high, the USB stops working.

Demoniacstar
Level 9
jbasemoine wrote:
Hi there,

when raising bclk you will need to also push the 1.8 pll voltage ...and the 2.5 sb voltage will help to ....the black screen definitely says to me you need pll voltage....
how high these voltages must go depends on your system and their is a max voltage to NOT CROSS!! all found in the guids you will run through
there are plenty of great Ryzen oc guides out there ... everyone here will tell you the same thing..
find them, read them..study them....lol...just google "ryzen overclocking guide" ...i can help you with issues pertaining to certain things ....but if you're new to overclocking and want to learn i'm not even going to help you unless you go study up on things first....
then you can come find me on Google+ .... Shane"DemoniacStar"Herald we can use hangouts and i can help threw their ......
don't expect to much out of your rig right now .....weird things happen when overclocking ....i have formated twice already due to ram issues and overclocking! things in windows go crazy sometimes...buts all a good time ....lol...and seeing these numbers in benchmarks are fricken amazing to me man....its awesome ... its RYZEN! lol

I have the following hardware:

Amd ryzen 1800X
Crosshair VI Hero (ofc)
Zotac 1070 AMP! nvidia
Creative Z sound blaster
2x8gig G.skill trident Z 3600mhz (F4-3600C16D-16GTZR, Trident Z RGB, XMP)
650 watt Cooler master PSU

I have been reading some guides but i lack parts of knowledge to fully understand all the guides.
Also when i overclock the CPU does the SMT still work or will this be disabled ?
As far as i know (and understand) only by clocking the BCLK are you able to clock the Ram speed up to 3600 or are there more way to clock the Ram hight/above the 3200mhz limitation there is now ?
And would it be possible that higher ram speed can be achieved with a bios update, or is it more a Hardware isseu/related ?

jbasemoine wrote:
I have the following hardware:

Amd ryzen 1800X
Crosshair VI Hero (ofc)
Zotac 1070 AMP! nvidia
Creative Z sound blaster
2x8gig G.skill trident Z 3600mhz (F4-3600C16D-16GTZR, Trident Z RGB, XMP)
650 watt Cooler master PSU

I have been reading some guides but i lack parts of knowledge to fully understand all the guides.
Also when i overclock the CPU does the SMT still work or will this be disabled ?
As far as i know (and understand) only by clocking the BCLK are you able to clock the Ram speed up to 3600 or are there more way to clock the Ram hight/above the 3200mhz limitation there is now ?
And would it be possible that higher ram speed can be achieved with a bios update, or is it more a Hardware isseu/related ?

you on google plus?......hit me up ....we can chat and work on ocing things .....i can help ya out....i have had pretty good luck with my ram ...
my cpu has hit 4.2 ghz but i did not like the high voltage i had to use so i stay a little over 4ghz at all times...i got my ram to 3000 mhz by locking in 2666 and raising bclk ...but it takes a crap ton of 1.8 pll voltage to do it....like 1.97....and i hear tell that max pll on air is 2.4 volts so i know the boards llc is making it creep close to that .....i had a couple people send me hangout invites but somehow they went away .... i think the ignore button got hit on accident...something crazy happened ... we could start a Ryzen oc chat group and work on this all together ....the more heads the better ...and it sure beats posting in forums and going back and forth with messages on here......

Demoniacstar wrote:
you on google plus?......hit me up ....we can chat and work on ocing things .....i can help ya out....i have had pretty good luck with my ram ...
my cpu has hit 4.2 ghz but i did not like the high voltage i had to use so i stay a little over 4ghz at all times...i got my ram to 3000 mhz by locking in 2666 and raising bclk ...but it takes a crap ton of 1.8 pll voltage to do it....like 1.97....and i hear tell that max pll on air is 2.4 volts so i know the boards llc is making it creep close to that .....i had a couple people send me hangout invites but somehow they went away .... i think the ignore button got hit on accident...something crazy happened ... we could start a Ryzen oc chat group and work on this all together ....the more heads the better ...and it sure beats posting in forums and going back and forth with messages on here......

Thank you for help and support to help me with Over clocking i really appreciate it.
unfortunately i don't have Google+.
For now i i decided to leave my pc as it is, it's running on 3200mhz but i'm going to wait for the big update, also i just read on the forum of Total war: Warhammer that sega will be launching there RYZEN update in the upcomming weeks (assumeble before may) if that game get's patched i can wait for the big amd update!
And i hope to avoid Ocing as much as possible at this time untill everything is running more stable and most of the updates are availeble!

I would like to thank everyone that repleid on this post for there help and support!

MNMadman
Level 8
SMT will remain enabled unless you manually disable it.

BCLK is the only way to get above 3200 RAM speed for now. That might change after the big update from AMD going to manufacturers in May. That update is all about RAM overclocking.