Memory: Patriot Viper Gaming DDR4 2x16GB PC4-28800 3600MHz
BIOS: 2423

When I run PC Health Check it indicates:
This PC must support Secure Boot

Boot/Secure Boot Settings:
Secure Boot state: User
Platform Key (PK) state: Loaded
OS Type: Windows UEFI Mode

What are the correct BIOS settings to allow the installation of Windows 11?
5 REPLIES 5

ationfictons
Level 10
In the BIOS, check Advanced > AMD fTPM Configuration > TPM Device Selection and make sure it's set to Firmware TPM (assuming you don't have a distinct TPM chip installed).

Jimbo93
Level 12
johnigel wrote:
MB: ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming
CPU: AMD 5800X
Memory: Patriot Viper Gaming DDR4 2x16GB PC4-28800 3600MHz
BIOS: 2423

When I run PC Health Check it indicates:
This PC must support Secure Boot

Boot/Secure Boot Settings:
Secure Boot state: User
Platform Key (PK) state: Loaded
OS Type: Windows UEFI Mode

What are the correct BIOS settings to allow the installation of Windows 11?

Edited
In addition to first response Disk needs to be GPT format not MBR. It can be changed if necessary. Then after changing you would need to turn off CSM in bios.

In case you need more info on CSM

"CSM stands for Compatibility Support Module. As its name suggests its job is to support UEFI, as we know UEFI supports only GPT (Guided Partition Table) partition if the system will have MBR (Master Boot Record) instead of GPT partition. In such a situation, UEFI will not be able to work properly and the system will not start.
To address this shortcoming, CSM was introduced which allows users to load the operating system via UEFI, even if they have an MBR partition. Because of this mode, you can use UEFI indirectly as a legacy BIOS."

https://techknive.com/uefi-with-csm-complete-information/#:~:text=CSM%20stands%20for%20Compatibility....

Thank you for the prompt advice. I'll let you know if it resolves the issue.

Switching the SSD Disk Volume Type to GPT worked. I also had to change to UEFI Only in order to boot.
PC Health Check now says my computer is ready for Windows 11, but a version that supports my configuration is coming soon...

Thanks for the support gents! :cool: