cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero BIOS

cadillacdan
Level 7
I had a ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) LGA 1151 lasted for a 14months until I went into memory 2/21 and changed to XMP which in about 10min PC crashed so I changed back to AUTO and the amount of BSOD and bugcheck errors was to much to handle. So I ordered Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero and got AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Vermeer 3.7GHz 6-Core AM4. Yes, I now motherboard is overkill for CPU, but trying to find a good X570 board I get SOLD OUT.

The board has BIOS 2206 and is it ok to make a big jump to 3204?

I assume I will have to flash the BIOS which is done with just power and no CPU?

For flashing just the new BIOS version needs to be on thumb drive? Currently I have other drivers that I got from ASUS to install since I will need to take a part BSOD pc for parts/case.

Thanks for time just wanted to double check since the past week has been a complete headache
7 REPLIES 7

cadillacdan
Level 7
Also will this memory work? It is what I currently have. Don't see it on the QVL list yet Corsair has it listed for X570 motherboards
SKU CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit — Black

Don't know about the memory, but don't see a reason that it won't work

For bios, you don't need to have it on usb stick to update.
Put it anywhere on your drive and go to bios?s EZ flash utility and that is it

According to bios version on the board now that I would need to flash the bios so it could read AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU.

When flashing bios with a baseboard motherboard (no gpu,memory,cpu,ssd) will the process reboot a couple times and how long should I wait to make sure complete?

I assume process should be OK since bios 2206 has Agesa V2 P1 1.0.8.0.
Going from 2206 to 3204 or 3003 will be OK? Seems like a big jump. Planning to do this tomorrow.

I don't know if you can flash without the rest of the hardware installed.. but I guess you can

caqo1971
Level 10
yes, you can, just put the bios file on a pendrive and plug it into BIOS USB back connector. you have to rename the bios file to suit your motherboard. use bios name changer software. when turn onthe motherboard, flashing process will start, and the back led flash button will start to blink. when that led stop blinking and turn off, the flashing process is over. read more abut this in the manual on bios section.

Not sure if the pendrive must to be formated on FAT32 or not

It has to be fat32 and I think not bigger then 16gb