Asus Rog Crosshair VIII Hero (wi-fi) : System constantly crashing/restarting

linedesigner_
Level 7
My system is:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 3.8 GHz AM4 64 MB Cache 105 w
CORSAIR CMK64GX4M4B3200C16 64GB (4X16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL18
(2535) CORSAIR HX 1200WFULL MODULAR 80+ PLATINUM 135MM FAN
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA GAMING 10GB GDDR6X

I am using this spec nearly a year. Last days, its started to constant rebooting. There is no blue screen or anything. It can restart any time while windows loading screen. Sometimes reboot at log-in screen. Everyhing is on default settings at bios for now. Before this week i thought im fixed with this forum reply:

"Try manually setting these voltages. I used to get constant reboots with the newer BIOSs too and this was the solution I concocted and it worked!

VDDSOC = 1.05
VDDG CCD = 0.950
VDDG IOD = 0.950
CLDO VDDP = 0.900"

This fixed the constant reboot for a while but sometimes without any reason it restarts again. So i changed everything to default than it goes for a while again wihtout rebooting but until now. This is not a solution i think. The system reboots now again...

What do you prefer me to do?
I updated my bios to 3801 but nothing changes. I thing its about ram timing or so but i dont know what to do. Pls help me!

Hope anyone can help me. Thanks in advance...
12 REPLIES 12

Escorpiom
Level 9
Welcome to the club of 4 x 16GB Samsung C-die users. Investigate your ram to see if this is the issue.
Only solution for now is to lower ram speed to 3000Mhz, you can however tighten the timings.

Cheers.

odeivogersm
Level 7
linedesigner_ wrote:
My system is:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 3.8 GHz AM4 64 MB Cache 105 w
CORSAIR CMK64GX4M4B3200C16 64GB (4X16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL18
(2535) CORSAIR HX 1200WFULL MODULAR 80+ PLATINUM 135MM FAN
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA GAMING 10GB GDDR6X

I am using this spec nearly a year. Last days, its started to constant rebooting. There is no blue screen or anything. It can restart any time while windows loading screen. Sometimes reboot at log-in screen. Everyhing is on default settings at bios for now. Before this week i thought im fixed with this forum reply:

"Try manually setting these voltages. I used to get constant reboots with the newer BIOSs too and this was the solution I concocted and it worked!

VDDSOC = 1.05
VDDG CCD = 0.950
VDDG IOD = 0.950
CLDO VDDP = 0.900"

This fixed the constant reboot for a while but sometimes without any reason it restarts again. So i changed everything to default than it goes for a while again without rebooting but until now. This is not a solution i think. The system reboots now again...

What do you prefer me to do?
I updated my bios to 3801 but nothing changes. I thing its about ram timing or so but I don't know what to do. Pls help me!

Hope anyone can help me. Thanks in advance...

There are a few things you can try. Have you investigated whether there is an issue with any of your RAM sticks? I would test each one individually for a while using memtest. I had issues at first and it turned out one of my sticks was bad. The voltages I gave you may need to be different. I think it's safe to bump them all by 0.05. and then another 0.05 if that's still an issue.

If you can still return some of your parts, you can also change the mobo or RAM. No use using something that doesn't work.

Also, after replacing my 3900x with a 5900x, I no longer have to manually set the voltages.

Sorry to hear your build is giving you problems. I hope you can fix it soon!

RedSector73
Level 12
Have you tried manual SOC voltage (VDDSOC) 1.1v to 1.15v or considered changing this. 1.05v is excellent for 2 sticks, but not enough for four.

I use 1.1v for my Samsung b-die on 3900x.

These I would leave on auto
VDDG CCD
VDDG IOD
CLDO VDDP

I tried all the suggestions. But nothing happened. Same result at the end. So at auto sections for soc voltage why it did not give the 1.1v to the sticks? Isnt a big problem? Im know buying a msi MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI mobo. Cheaper but i think better for this mobo. Im really sad about it to solve this issue. Im sending this mobo to the quarranty to them to make tests on it. Hope it can be solved. But im cool down from this mobo. I lost my confidence about this mark.

Thanks for all to tryin to help me. I will share the result after i solve the problem with another mobo. Thanks again!

RedSector73 wrote:
Have you tried manual SOC voltage (VDDSOC) 1.1v to 1.15v or considered changing this. 1.05v is excellent for 2 sticks, but not enough for four.

I use 1.1v for my Samsung b-die on 3900x.

These I would leave on auto
VDDG CCD
VDDG IOD
CLDO VDDP

RedSector73
Level 12
How to set SOC Voltage.

Enter BIOS, Advanced mode.

Navigate to
Extreme Tweaker (maybe AI Tweaker) -> CPU SOC Voltage set to manual
-VDDSOC Voltage Override and type in the voltage. 1.1 (4xdimms) or 1.15 (4xdimms, not quite stable @ 1.1v)

Thanks for ur suggestion, im not able to try it because i sent my mobo to the quarantee, i wanted to test them all.
So whats the difference between Auto and manual 1.1 or 1.15 Voltage. If the mobo is normal statue, it should give the right voltage to the rams isnt it?
Why should i try to give the voltage with manually? Isnt it a problem ? Im just curious how could it be stable for a year with Auto section options without any changes and suddenly it needed to be change to manual voltage to 1.15 or what else... I hope you can get what i mean. So what's the main problem here? Im still in trouble with it.

And i bought an msi mobo which is MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI Amd X570 Soket AM4 DDR4 4400(OC) but still same result so im not sure which part is fully in trouble. Maybe the B-die chipset ram has some problems with this system. But why now? After a year... Pfff.

RedSector73 wrote:
How to set SOC Voltage.

Enter BIOS, Advanced mode.

Navigate to
Extreme Tweaker (maybe AI Tweaker) -> CPU SOC Voltage set to manual
-VDDSOC Voltage Override and type in the voltage. 1.1 (4xdimms) or 1.15 (4xdimms, not quite stable @ 1.1v)

RedSector73
Level 12
Did you update BIOS at all in that time ?

This suggested change is not about the RAM, it's about the memory controller in the CPU.

Yes i updated my firmware to 3801 the latest one before the tests. But nothing changes. U said its about the memory controller but it should be working by Auto option isnt it? If there is no problem on mobo. I will try these after my mobo will came back from the garantee. They are still testing about it...
Thanks for ur suggestions again. I hope it will be solved soon.

RedSector73 wrote:
Did you update BIOS at all in that time ?

This suggested change is not about the RAM, it's about the memory controller in the CPU.

Escorpiom
Level 9
It's funny how you point people to the core of the issue, and they just go on and on without paying attention.
That RAM is not B-die. It's C-die and it behaves completely different.
Until you start reading up on that, you'll be chasing your tail.

Cheers.