cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryujin 240 Fan Problem

Netleader
Level 7
Hi guys,
I have a problem and I hope you can help me.

I bought a ROG Ryujin 2400 and I can't control the internal fan for some reason.
The AIO is connected to the AIO fan header on my Maximus XI Gene QFan is disabled for all fans.
In Fan Experpert I can control the Chassi Fan, the two radiator fans but the Ryujin fan is greyed out.

This is driving me nuts since this fan is really noise when my CPU hits the 70°C mark and i want to turn it down.

Cheers,
Nils
10 REPLIES 10

mdzcpa
Level 12
Netleader wrote:
Hi guys,
I have a problem and I hope you can help me.

I bought a ROG Ryujin 2400 and I can't control the internal fan for some reason.
The AIO is connected to the AIO fan header on my Maximus XI Gene QFan is disabled for all fans.
In Fan Experpert I can control the Chassi Fan, the two radiator fans but the Ryujin fan is greyed out.

This is driving me nuts since this fan is really noise when my CPU hits the 70°C mark and i want to turn it down.

Cheers,
Nils

Double check you USB connection to the motherboard
Double check all connection from the cooler

I am assuming you see the PUMP and the RAD Fans in Fan Expert (so you have 2 controllable fan curves now?)
There should be a third for the housing fan....you have it but it's grey out?

If connections look good, try running Fan Tuning in Fan Expert and see if that gets control of the housing fan.

Netleader
Level 7
As I sad, I see:
- Chassis Fan
- AIO Pump
- ROG RYUJIN Fan 1 & 2 (The two radiator fans)

I tried running Fan Tuning several times but no success. I'll check the USB connection again tomorrow (I have a small case and it's a pain) 😉

And the Ryujin fan it self looks like that:

Netleader
Level 7
- Checked all connection and they are fine.
- Reinstalled AI Suite, Fan detected, ran fan tuning, fan is gone... WTF!?

When I try to update the firmware to 1.00.06 it says device not found ... I have 1.00.05 installed.

mdzcpa
Level 12
Hold on.

You should have 3 fan curves in Fan Expert.

1st is for the pump. That will be on the AIO header or the CPU fan, wherever you put it
2nd is for BOTH rad fans. All radiator fans run off ONE fan curve. This is why they are connected with a Y connector from the cooler
3rd is for the pump housing fan

Netleader
Level 7
I'm about to reinstall windows maybe something is f****** up. I have 3 Ryujin fans in Fan Xpert...

Netleader
Level 7
After reinstalling Windows 10 I now can control the Fan again. But now Fan Xpert shows a CPU fan which I dont have but its the one that now shows as N/A ...
The firmware thing was a mistake on my side I downloaded the Ryou one and the Ryujin one doesn't have 1.00.05 as the latest.
Thanks for your help!

Netleader wrote:
After reinstalling Windows 10 I now can control the Fan again. But now Fan Xpert shows a CPU fan which I dont have but its the one that now shows as N/A ...
The firmware thing was a mistake on my side I downloaded the Ryou one and the Ryujin one doesn't have 1.00.05 as the latest.
Thanks for your help!

The NA under CPU Fan would be correct now if not connected.

For other readers of this thread:

RYOU users will have 2 fan curves under Fan Expert (1 for the pump, and 1 for the rad fans)
RYUJIN users will have 3 fan curves under Fan Expert(1 for pump, 1 for rad fans, 1 for pump housing/VRM fan)

Again, all rad fans run off ONE fan curve in Fan Expert if they are connected as per the manual

Netleader
Level 7
Thank you for clarifying 🙂 I got it all working now, tho the pump noise in idle is a bit annying.

Netleader wrote:
Thank you for clarifying 🙂 I got it all working now, tho the pump noise in idle is a bit annying.

Are you running without the pump housing cover on? If you do, the pump will make clicking sound. Placing the cover on eliminates the clicking. It has to do with the magnets in the pump housing that secures the cover.

If your cover is on, try removing it and re installing. Can eliminate some pump sounds.

Last, do not run your pump too low. Not good for the pump and it can make sound. I set mine to a minimum of 45% (about 1500 rpm).