Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus rog ryujin ii 360 CPU Temp

YazidOlayan
Level 9
Hi
I have noticed that in armory crate the*asus ROG Ryujin ii 360 AIO
Takes up CPU temp for controlling the fan RPM and the pump instead of CPU Package temp
CPU temp is way off by almost 15 degree than the CPU Package

is there any way to make it take the CPU Package temp instead
Or can we have an option to choose between the 2 of them?

any one has an idea here?
5 REPLIES 5

YazidOlayan
Level 9
Looks like this forum is full of people complaining of an issues
And no one from asus support team is responding
or even giving you feedback
that’s unfortunate tbh 😞

Murph_9000
Level 14
Right now, it only uses the CPU temperature, not the package temperature. Personally, it really doesn't bother me, with a 5950X running over 200W peak and a Ryujin II 360; I get plenty of cooling out of it and can just set the temperature for 100% lower on the curve if I need more. I have my pump, VRM fan, and rad fans set to 100% at 75C, which results in a peak package temperature of approx 85C (which I believe is safe for Ryzen 5000). I also swapped the supplied Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000 fans for the quieter NF-A12x25 (that's the new next gen 120mm all-purpose fan) and the NA-AVG1 radiator gaskets to reduce the noise a little at 100% (the iPPC fans are great, but noisy at full speed).

Honestly, I don't think it's all that important which of the 2 temperatures are used, it's just a matter of tuning the curve appropriately (and the auto-tune seems to work ok with the temperature it uses, as a starting point).

Murph_9000
Level 14
One more thought. I certainly wouldn't mind if there was a choice of which temperature to use. Ideally that choice would include the water temperature (it has a sensor for that), which is better than CPU temperature for rad fans.

I mean we paid a lot of money for a high-quality product
And it is unfortunate to not get the proper software

Murph_9000 wrote:
One more thought. I certainly wouldn't mind if there was a choice of which temperature to use. Ideally that choice would include the water temperature (it has a sensor for that), which is better than CPU temperature for rad fans.

I just noticed this myself. I got the 240 ARGB version. Love the cooler, works great for my 13600K. But yeah would be nice to have the option of running the case fans from the CPU Package temp, or even the GPU.