cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith II RAID 0 compatibility

injurer
Level 7
Hi all,

I just received the Zenith II. It is beautiful. Still waiting to receive my new 3960x and put it all together.

Now I have a question, hopefully someone can help. My current rig runs the very first original Zenith along with a 2950X. The old mb/cpu I plan to sell on ebay once I move everything, but the issue is my data is on 2x1TB NVMe in RAID 0, plus 2x2 TB SSDs again in RAID 0, which I still want to use. Once I switch the boards will the existing RAID partitions recognized or I will have to backup all my data and reinstall?
567 Views
6 REPLIES 6

bogdi1988
Level 8
injurer wrote:
Hi all,

I just received the Zenith II. It is beautiful. Still waiting to receive my new 3960x and put it all together.

Now I have a question, hopefully someone can help. My current rig runs the very first original Zenith along with a 2950X. The old mb/cpu I plan to sell on ebay once I move everything, but the issue is my data is on 2x1TB NVMe in RAID 0, plus 2x2 TB SSDs again in RAID 0, which I still want to use. Once I switch the boards will the existing RAID partitions recognized or I will have to backup all my data and reinstall?


Just pop those NVMEs in the new board and the array will carry over. You should be able to swap the motherboard and CPU and not have to reinstall Windows either.

bogdi1988 wrote:
Just pop those NVMEs in the new board and the array will carry over. You should be able to swap the motherboard and CPU and not have to reinstall Windows either.


Really? That's great if it works. Thanks! My new CPU arrives tomorrow and I will give it a try. If it doesn't work it will be a real pain as I will have to reconnect everything to start the old board and make a backup. I will share my experience here once done.

injurer
Level 7
I want to confirm it just worked. Replaced the mobo and the CPU. Moved the NVMe and the SATA SSDs and all started normally. Both the NVMe and the SATA RAID was recognized immediately. Windows booted with no issues. No backup or reinstallation was required.

bogdi1988
Level 8
There you go 😉
I will be doing the same exercise soon! Zenith Alpha to Zenith II with 3970x. Now I just need to find a replacement for the Asus Hyper m.2 card with PCI 4.0 support... grrr

bogdi1988 wrote:
There you go 😉
I will be doing the same exercise soon! Zenith Alpha to Zenith II with 3970x. Now I just need to find a replacement for the Asus Hyper m.2 card with PCI 4.0 support... grrr


How many m.2 drives do you have?

injurer wrote:
How many m.2 drives do you have?


6 NVMEs 🙂 2 PCIe 3.0 and 4 PCIe 4.0 haha