cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith II Extreme Alpha - ALL fans at 100% on wake (sometimes)

enyceedanny
Level 10
Noticed that sometimes the fans will spin at 100% on wake. Requires a full restart to get back to normal. This doesn't happen all the time. Based on experience so far, happens 10% of the time and is quite random. Anyone else noticing this?
4 REPLIES 4

GObonzo
Level 8
what are you using to set fan speeds, motherboard control software or BIOS?
ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming | i7-11700K \ ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 | G.Skill TridentZ 3466 CL14 32GB | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti | M2: 960GB \ SSDs: 5TB \ HDs: 16TB | Super Flower Leadex III 850w | Fractal Design Vector RS Blackout \ 5x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High-Speed PWM | Logitech G600 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB | Xbox One S Gamepad | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 | Anker Soundcore Life Q20 | 34" Alienware AW3420DW \ 55" LG CX OLED | Windows 10 Pro x64

enyceedanny
Level 10
Via BIOS

GObonzo
Level 8
if there is any other software installed that reads fans and/or can provide PWM control, it may be a conflict that sometimes arises causing your implemented curve to be overwritten.
or it can actually be a fault with the motherboard. i've seen a few cases with ASUS boards where the BIOS Qfan settings just do not stick and need to be reset often or just fail to implement on rare occasions like this.

are there multiple fans connected to motherboard ports or a single hub connected to a single motherboard port?
ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming | i7-11700K \ ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 | G.Skill TridentZ 3466 CL14 32GB | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti | M2: 960GB \ SSDs: 5TB \ HDs: 16TB | Super Flower Leadex III 850w | Fractal Design Vector RS Blackout \ 5x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High-Speed PWM | Logitech G600 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB | Xbox One S Gamepad | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 | Anker Soundcore Life Q20 | 34" Alienware AW3420DW \ 55" LG CX OLED | Windows 10 Pro x64

enyceedanny
Level 10
No other software that read fans or that provide PWM control. Never had this issue until upgrading to TRX40 and threadripper.

My 4 radiator fans are connected to a hub that connects to a single port on motherboard. And 3 front intake fans connected to a separate hub connected to a port on motherboard. And finally one rear fan connected to a pwm header on board. It's basically the same setup as previously and never had problems. First time going with AMD since the old Athlon 64 FX-51 way back when. And for the most part I've been having a pretty bad experience with the upgrade.