cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith Extreme + Corsair Vengeance = Can’t go above 2133MHz!?!?

ApolloX
Level 7
I have a Zenith Extreme and am trying to run it with 64GB (8x8GB) via two sets of CMR32GX4M4C3200C16. It’s Corsair Vegeance RGB with XMP of 3200MHz. I know actually getting it to run at 3200MHz is nearly impossible for this motherboard, but I was hoping I could at least get it to run at 2666Mhz or 3066MHz.

Unfortunately, every combination above 2133 won’t post.. just reboot cycles 4-5 times until it resets the memory settings. I’ve tried 3 dozens of different timings and speeds. Anyone have a set of settings that work? Do I need to install the sticks one at a time and reboot or some other special tricks?

Again, not trying get it to full XMP profile, but halfway there would be nice!
15 REPLIES 15

Yes, loading the BIOS to 0804 was the first thing I did.

I did find one oddity I can't explain... When I set the RAM to 2400Mhz and "Cmd2T = 2T" (the highest setting that boots), when it gets into Windows the "Command Rate (CR) = 1T" in various utilities. It's either ignoring my request or I'm not changing the correct setting.

See attached:

whenever i get that I restart the rig and then recheck,on the restart it normally retrains on mine,then it should show 2T,give it a go and let me know.

I'm not sure if you saw this thread, but that shows how I went about setting up my memory timings. I'm no guru at this kind of stuff, but I thought I might share it here as I'm also running Corsair Vengeance modules, just 4 x 16GB modules and not 8 x 8GB modules like you are.

Update with 4 sticks: 2933MHz worked, but failed at 3066MHz. I used the looser XMP timings (16-18-18-36-54-36-6-9 2T) with 1.35V on RAM. Any idea what voltage I need to increase to make 3066MHz work with 4?

Back to 8 sticks: Since 4 sticks work with 2933MHz, any idea which setting I need to change to make 8 sticks work with 2933MHz?

pasty2k2
Level 7
Also try upping CPU vcore - I had to set mine manually fixed to 1.3v minimum for 3200mhz to work. Yes vcore is needed for RAM, along with SOC volts and DIMM volts...

If no good I would suggest running half the RAM and test out both sets of slots - the grey ones then the black ones and see if you can run 3200Mhz on the kit as it's advertised - joining two kits together like you have, is a bit of a gamble in my past experience... But hey its working at all - its probably some tweaking needed in some places.

You could try running this program - http://www.softnology.biz/ (Thaiphoon Burner) - and check some of the stats of your RAM, to check that all sticks really are the same.

pasty2k2 wrote:
Also try upping CPU vcore - I had to set mine manually fixed to 1.3v minimum for 3200mhz to work. Yes vcore is needed for RAM, along with SOC volts and DIMM volts...

If no good I would suggest running half the RAM and test out both sets of slots - the grey ones then the black ones and see if you can run 3200Mhz on the kit as it's advertised - joining two kits together like you have, is a bit of a gamble in my past experience... But hey its working at all - its probably some tweaking needed in some places.

You could try running this program - http://www.softnology.biz/ (Thaiphoon Burner) - and check some of the stats of your RAM, to check that all sticks really are the same.

Thaiphoon Burners lists all of them with identical part numbers (and details). Manufacturer is Hynix. One annoyance is the timing settings jump from 1067MHz to 1600 MHz, with nothing inbetween. So if I want to run at 2666Mhz or 3000Mhz, I have no guidance.

I might be wrong, but I believe my CPU Core Voltage was already up to 1.4. I was running in a 40x overclock last time I tried it.