Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith Extreme Code 00 "Detecting Memory"

ciokan
Level 7
I have the following build:

MB Asus Zenith Extreme
RAM Corsair Vengeance Blue LED 64GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 Quad Channel Kit - CMU64GX4M4C3000C15B
GPU Titan X (x2)
PSU Seasonic Platinum 1050W
CPU Threadripper 1950X

Lost my fingertips last night putting everything together and bending acryl so here I am...booting. I can't get past this issue that is shown in the small LCD on the mother board:

Code 00
Detecting memory

No video output at all, I can't get into BIOS.

Flashed to the latest bios, tried CMOS, tried switching the RAM (the ram worked just fine on a different MB), CPU was placed carefully and the screws are tight; also tried with a single RAM on every slot. Nothing makes this PC go past that error.

The ram is not on the QVL list so I waited another day to buy something that is on that list. I purchased a stick from Kingston (KVR24N17S8/8) which, sadly, gave the same result with the same error and everything.

Any advice besides a RMA? I think I'm going to cry if I have to empty the cooling and start ripping everything apart.

UPDATE: I took everything apart to take another look at the CPU and mother CPU pins. Everything seems in order: https://imgur.com/a/W2usg
13 REPLIES 13

lightknightrr wrote:
Turn off the power. Remove the power cords. Remove the CMOS battery. Wait. Put battery back in, put power cords back in, and boot. May take a little while. This *might* fix the problem.

Hi there!! I had a blackout after 48 non stop working hours. So, when power came back, I got 00 memory error code by 2nd once.
This time, I disconnected power cord, then pushed power buttom. Next, open the case and pressed or pushed memory dimms toward installing way on the mainboard without disassembling any one, just pushed them.

Then connected power cord and turn it on. Error code 00 was gone!

Why this did happened? Maybe the lack of UPS unit cause it when power got off.

Hope this experience help some other dealing with this issue!

My build is an Asus Rog Zenith Extreme Alpha x399, a Threadripper 2970wx.
Check my pcpartpicker list instead : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bx6dcb

Hope help someone else by there!!!

Juggalo23451
Level 9
The ram needs to be in the grey slots. not sure if this helps.

DragonessLover
Level 7
I got new ram and have come across this issue. All the slots expect the left inner 2 seem to work. C1 I get code 00 and c2 no memory even detected.

macmus
Level 7
that is also happening on Zenith Extreme Alpha.

i have 00 constantly .. Only pulling battery helps.