Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith Extreme Beta UEFI 0901

Raja
Level 13
From Elmor:

Beta BIOS 0901 http://www.mediafire.com/file/8tp9l0...-ASUS-0901.zip

Have not tested this extensively, let me know how it works for you.

- AGESA 1.0.0.4
- Fan fixes from 0012
- UEFI RAID driver updated (and hopefully back on track)

Beta BIOS 0804 https://www.mediafire.com/file/hurdeb58o4mtjq2/ROG-ZENITH-EXTREME-ASUS-0804.zip

* AGESA 1.0.0.3
* Hynix 2DPC patch (POST issues with all slots populated)
* Fan control fixes, including EXT_FAN card
* PCIEX8/X4_4 lane switching tested and works fine, however, I haven't verified the issue on older BIOS

Please note, some boards have older firmware for the onboard OLED/Aura, which can cause some strange issues. Update to the version here. Run the .exe from within Windows.

After applying the update above, you can apply the version here

UEFI build

NOTICE: If you already have a SATA RAID configuration, make a backup of the array before updating to this build, then rebuild it once you have flashed the BIOS.

For more details and instructions regarding the BIOS/RAID driver, please refer to the following
link

Revised memory rules
Fixed CPU temp reporting issue after CMOS clear
UEFI RAID driver updated
Secure Erase string update

UEFI build 0603
Includes Ai suite patch, RAID driver update, and a patch for Inateck 7-port KTU3FR-5O2U to solve POST issues.

UEFI build 9960 based on 0601:
Automatically applies a 2T Command Rate for 2DPC configs when above DDR4-2820.

UEFI build 0601
public release build.
This will be on the support pages soon. Same as the 9910 beta. Please clear CMOS after updating (allow the update to complete fully before doing so!).

For those of you still experiencing memory instability, try setting a 2T Command Rate.

Older beta UEFI:

UEFI beta build 9910
More memory tuning for dual rank configs

UEFI beta build 9906

More DRAM tuning for compatibility/oc
Added CLDO VDDP Voltage under Tweaker's Paradise
Also synchronized hwm CPU temp with monitor

UEFI build 9980

Improves memory overclocking - again.

UEFI build 9964

Improves memory overclocking, and adds 'Ln2 Tune' option to Tweaker's Paradise.
118 REPLIES 118

Raja
Level 13
UEFI 0801

Revised memory rules
UEFI RAID driver updated

Raja@ASUS wrote:
UEFI 0801

Revised memory rules
UEFI RAID driver updated

UEFI 0801 has some problems with generating more heat and wierd fan profile for CPU fan.
TR 1950X and Corsair H100i V2 (AIO Cooler), after a round of Battlefield 1 or CS:GO the CPU fans are running at very high speed and temperature is above 60 degrees.
Clear CMOS did not resolve anything.

After flashing back 0701 CPU temp is better (55-57 degrees) while playing Battlefield 1 and CPU fans are only running slightly faster than when idle.

0801 Still does not let me post with more than 64GB of my Corsair CMK128GX4M8A2400C14, even though it's on the QVL

herbend wrote:
0801 Still does not let me post with more than 64GB of my Corsair CMK128GX4M8A2400C14, even though it's on the QVL

What version is your kit? It is written on the dimms "Vx.xx"

Good point. My kit has version 4.31, tested version is 5.30. Should not matter much, probably, but still might 😕

herbend wrote:
Good point. My kit has version 4.31, tested version is 5.30. Should not matter much, probably, but still might 😕

Unfortunately it does seem to matter(The IC's used are different), yet, v4.xx should mean you have your kit with Samsung chips... normally this is good news, as samsung IC's are the ones that work best on the Ryzen platform.

v5.xx are Hynix based dimms, usually more problematic.

My own kit is v5.39 but I have yet to build mine (waiting on the monoblock), I am in a reversed situation, my own kit (CMD128GX4M8A2666C15) is as I said v5.39, yet, the one on the QVL is... v4.31... no match also. Unfortunately you do not get to chose this when purchasing... only the model.

I suspect I will also have a bad time getting all the my 128GB to boot... at least until the AGESA code is refined. We will see.

BIOS 801
SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 (windows 10 Boot Drive)

Every time I restart my PC, Raidexpert creates another array of that drive in bios and lists it as failure. After 15 array's (max arrays allowed) windows fails to boot. The only fix I have right now is deleting those failed arrays to boot into windows. I'm sure it has something to do with either the way I set it up in bios with raidexpert (which I wouldn't even use if it wasn't for the fact I need the other 6 drives in raid) I was hoping someone had the same issue and found a simple fix with a bios setting I missed.

SATA- RAID
CSM- disabled
OS Type- Windows UEFI
Boot Keys cleared

Other vendors are now on AGESA to 1.0.0.4 for the TR platform, what about us?

The support seems to have died.. Buyers regret has been creeping in for some time now.. This is supposed to be the best you can offer.

Your best is not enough. Months after the launch and basic functionality like the oled etc is broken for many.. This you cannot blame on AMD...

Get your **** together.

Probably my last Asus mobo..not acceptable for this price tier.

IvoSilva wrote:
Other vendors are now on AGESA to 1.0.0.4 for the TR platform, what about us?

As a matter of interest, what AGESA version does the Zenith Extreme currently have? I'm currently running with BIOS version 0701, just trying to see what version of AGESA this BIOS has, I cannot see anything mentioned in CPU-Z.

Asgaroth wrote:
As a matter of interest, what AGESA version does the Zenith Extreme currently have? I'm currently running with BIOS version 0701, just trying to see what version of AGESA this BIOS has, I cannot see anything mentioned in CPU-Z.

We are on 1.0.0.3 since bios 0503