Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith Extreme Beta UEFI 0901

Raja
Level 13
From Elmor:

Beta BIOS 0901 http://www.mediafire.com/file/8tp9l0...-ASUS-0901.zip

Have not tested this extensively, let me know how it works for you.

- AGESA 1.0.0.4
- Fan fixes from 0012
- UEFI RAID driver updated (and hopefully back on track)

Beta BIOS 0804 https://www.mediafire.com/file/hurdeb58o4mtjq2/ROG-ZENITH-EXTREME-ASUS-0804.zip

* AGESA 1.0.0.3
* Hynix 2DPC patch (POST issues with all slots populated)
* Fan control fixes, including EXT_FAN card
* PCIEX8/X4_4 lane switching tested and works fine, however, I haven't verified the issue on older BIOS

Please note, some boards have older firmware for the onboard OLED/Aura, which can cause some strange issues. Update to the version here. Run the .exe from within Windows.

After applying the update above, you can apply the version here

UEFI build

NOTICE: If you already have a SATA RAID configuration, make a backup of the array before updating to this build, then rebuild it once you have flashed the BIOS.

For more details and instructions regarding the BIOS/RAID driver, please refer to the following
link

Revised memory rules
Fixed CPU temp reporting issue after CMOS clear
UEFI RAID driver updated
Secure Erase string update

UEFI build 0603
Includes Ai suite patch, RAID driver update, and a patch for Inateck 7-port KTU3FR-5O2U to solve POST issues.

UEFI build 9960 based on 0601:
Automatically applies a 2T Command Rate for 2DPC configs when above DDR4-2820.

UEFI build 0601
public release build.
This will be on the support pages soon. Same as the 9910 beta. Please clear CMOS after updating (allow the update to complete fully before doing so!).

For those of you still experiencing memory instability, try setting a 2T Command Rate.

Older beta UEFI:

UEFI beta build 9910
More memory tuning for dual rank configs

UEFI beta build 9906

More DRAM tuning for compatibility/oc
Added CLDO VDDP Voltage under Tweaker's Paradise
Also synchronized hwm CPU temp with monitor

UEFI build 9980

Improves memory overclocking - again.

UEFI build 9964

Improves memory overclocking, and adds 'Ln2 Tune' option to Tweaker's Paradise.
118 REPLIES 118

@Raja@asus

The 603 UEFI patch POST issue for an pcie card.

Specific for this Usb addon or general for Addon cards?

Any idea when bios,s that contain memory improvements and going to arrive?

CaptainFist wrote:
@Raja@asus

The 603 UEFI patch POST issue for an pcie card.

Specific for this Usb addon or general for Addon cards?

Patch is for the model listed. Don't know if it affects others as you'd need to test to know.

Guys I'm very confused. There's UEFI and UEFI Build now. Which should I install? I'm currently running 0503 and it's giving me tons of USB problems.

And could somebody tell me how to install those as well please? With clearing CMOS and complicated stuff like that? 😞

Thanks!

My Inateck 4 port USB pci-e card works now without issue. Haven't tried my other non-inateck pci-e cards tho.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Patch is for the model listed. Don't know if it affects others as you'd need to test to know.

Hi Raja,
I can confirm the 0603 issue did fix my issue with the Intateck 7-port card. However, the other two major issues still persist for me:

1) The PCI-e x4 slot does not get isolated by IOMMU correctly.

2) There still seem to be PCI-e power saving issues. My 1080ti's still get stuck in D3 power-saving mode, which is what is breaking PCI-passthrough (as it has to be put in D3 power saving until the VM starts). Same issue seen with suspend/resume normally outside of PCI-passthrough - can't wake from D3.

Full technical details are still the same as here:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93634-ROG-Zenith-Extreme-(X399-socket-TR4)-info-experience...

I am concerned because I noticed that by "RAID driver update" you meant, this includes the new NVMe RAID update from AMD that was touted for 9/25 (I now see NVMe raid options in the BIOS). That means any hope I had of that resolving these issues is probably poof, which likely explains why AMD went quiet on Reddit this week about whether that update would do anything about these problems.

So... any idea of a realistic timeline for fixes on these issues?

Well so far the 0801 bios working perfectly with no issues. How can I tell my cpu tempature as windows is running cpu on all cores I believe at constant 4.66ghz or above. Yet BIOS have cpu overclocked to 4ghz all cores and voltage at like 1.250 or 1.3. Ram at 2933 2 16gb sticks, 32gb total yet only 31.9 usable in windows.

I just checked the QVL Memory list and find out that Corsair Vengeance RGB 3333 32GB (8GB x 4) is in the list

Any chance you guys would add support for Corsair Vengeance RGB 3466 32GB (8GB x 4) too in coming BIOS update?

Anyone experiencing extremely slow boot times with csm disabled? Is there a fix for this?

Is there an ETA on a new UEFI?
Is the fan UEFI/software getting fixed? (incorrect locked out power percentages is annoying)
or should I go through the trouble setting up 3rd party software