Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith Extreme Beta UEFI 0901

Raja
Level 13
From Elmor:

Beta BIOS 0901 http://www.mediafire.com/file/8tp9l0...-ASUS-0901.zip

Have not tested this extensively, let me know how it works for you.

- AGESA 1.0.0.4
- Fan fixes from 0012
- UEFI RAID driver updated (and hopefully back on track)

Beta BIOS 0804 https://www.mediafire.com/file/hurdeb58o4mtjq2/ROG-ZENITH-EXTREME-ASUS-0804.zip

* AGESA 1.0.0.3
* Hynix 2DPC patch (POST issues with all slots populated)
* Fan control fixes, including EXT_FAN card
* PCIEX8/X4_4 lane switching tested and works fine, however, I haven't verified the issue on older BIOS

Please note, some boards have older firmware for the onboard OLED/Aura, which can cause some strange issues. Update to the version here. Run the .exe from within Windows.

After applying the update above, you can apply the version here

UEFI build

NOTICE: If you already have a SATA RAID configuration, make a backup of the array before updating to this build, then rebuild it once you have flashed the BIOS.

For more details and instructions regarding the BIOS/RAID driver, please refer to the following
link

Revised memory rules
Fixed CPU temp reporting issue after CMOS clear
UEFI RAID driver updated
Secure Erase string update

UEFI build 0603
Includes Ai suite patch, RAID driver update, and a patch for Inateck 7-port KTU3FR-5O2U to solve POST issues.

UEFI build 9960 based on 0601:
Automatically applies a 2T Command Rate for 2DPC configs when above DDR4-2820.

UEFI build 0601
public release build.
This will be on the support pages soon. Same as the 9910 beta. Please clear CMOS after updating (allow the update to complete fully before doing so!).

For those of you still experiencing memory instability, try setting a 2T Command Rate.

Older beta UEFI:

UEFI beta build 9910
More memory tuning for dual rank configs

UEFI beta build 9906

More DRAM tuning for compatibility/oc
Added CLDO VDDP Voltage under Tweaker's Paradise
Also synchronized hwm CPU temp with monitor

UEFI build 9980

Improves memory overclocking - again.

UEFI build 9964

Improves memory overclocking, and adds 'Ln2 Tune' option to Tweaker's Paradise.
118 REPLIES 118

Official beta version 1002, similar to 0020 (AGESA 1.0.0.5)

elmor post here.

Official bios 1003 on Support site...

Have it installed, but Evaluation copy pops on first screen after power up ??!!!?????

CaptainFist wrote:
Official bios 1003 on Support site...

Have it installed, but Evaluation copy pops on first screen after power up ??!!!?????

My Zenith shows this already since a couple of BIOS versions. But yes, also 1003 is showing "Evaluation Copy" and I too find it strange! :eek:

Asgaroth
Level 7
Anyone have any idea when AGESA 1.1.0.0 is coming to this board? Apparently that AGESA version fixes the PCI bus reset issue that this board suffers from under linux.

Asgaroth wrote:
Anyone have any idea when AGESA 1.1.0.0 is coming to this board? Apparently that AGESA version fixes the PCI bus reset issue that this board suffers from under linux.

I hit the VME bug which broke my ability to run older games and OSes in VMs. I've seen that it is fixed by an AGESA update, so I contacted ASUS to see about when we'll get a BIOS update with a new AGESA. Here's their response:

We are happy to help you resolve your issue by providing you with the best possible solution. We would like to advise you that there is no plan to have a patch for VME.

So, no AGESA update to fix this. And based on the amount of activity on the site, no new BIOS updates at all, and no more driver updates. This puts in doubt whether the board will support the 32 core Threadrippers when they get released...it's supposed to just be a drop in upgrade, but I don't know if the BIOS will be compatible.

My experience with ASUS has been terrible. Bad design decisions, bad tech support, and nearly non-existent overall continuing support for this high-end enthusiast board.

Ljugtomten
Level 9
ASUS is working on a new UEFI that will support TR2, I assume that will include a new AGESA.

The support from ASUS in this forum is really bad, but on the forum below there are people from both ASUS and AMD.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1642825-asus-x399-rog-zenith-extreme-complaint-b...

Ljugtomten wrote:
ASUS is working on a new UEFI that will support TR2, I assume that will include a new AGESA.

The support from ASUS in this forum is really bad, but on the forum below there are people from both ASUS and AMD.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1642825-asus-x399-rog-zenith-extreme-complaint-b...

That's great news...75005 seems to show that the BIOS will be bumped to at least 1303.

camulos
Level 7
I am also having the issue of being unable to run 2x 2080 Ti cards in my system. I can use the dip switches to disable a PCIE slot of either card (which are plugged into slots 1 and 3 of the x16 slots) and it boots fine. Previously I was running 2x 1080 Ti with no problems.

This issue is not plaguing other manufacturers x399 boards so is not an AMD related issue. I've also been posting on overclock.net https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1642825-asus-x399-rog-zenith-extreme-complaint-b...

elmor has said he will test tomorrow so hopefully he has an answer for us in the next few days.

I've raised a support ticket with ASUS Technical Support and completed the Zenith Extreme bug report form. Knowing that I am not the first to do this and not seeing replies elsewhere makes me wonder if this issue is being taken seriously by ASUS. This is a high end motherboard that costs a not inconsiderable amount and the support has been rubbish.

I was on the edge of loosing hope until the reply from elmor, to which I am very grateful to him for. He has restored a little spark in me for the time being.

The problem was, as far as I can see, first raised by eco_batch on 22.09.18
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105105-Code-0E-Load-VGA-Bios

Two full working weeks have passed and to date no official response. It's a real kick in the balls.

Harley2000
Level 8
some one posted this try it see if it works for dual rtx2080 not booting

I can fully boot if I take all RAM out except a stick in slot B1, with both cards in and enabled. Hope this helps. Not a great solution, but it may help ASUS out with troubleshooting.

Harley2000
Level 8
so why is know one from asus listening to us ,they don't reply to emails for ages, they have no proper phone number to ring to actualy speak to someone
i feel like where being left in the dark on this issue ,IF YOUR LISTENING PLEASE SORT THIS PROBLEM OUT ,YOU DON'T REPLY ON HERE WITH ANY UPDATE
NEWS ,IF THIS GOES ON FOR MUCH LONGER IT WILL BE THE LAST ASUS PRODUCT I EVER GET I PAID £480 FOR THIS MOTHERBOARD ,the after sales support
is 0/10 from me