Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith Extreme Beta UEFI 0901

Raja
Level 13
From Elmor:

Beta BIOS 0901 http://www.mediafire.com/file/8tp9l0...-ASUS-0901.zip

Have not tested this extensively, let me know how it works for you.

- AGESA 1.0.0.4
- Fan fixes from 0012
- UEFI RAID driver updated (and hopefully back on track)

Beta BIOS 0804 https://www.mediafire.com/file/hurdeb58o4mtjq2/ROG-ZENITH-EXTREME-ASUS-0804.zip

* AGESA 1.0.0.3
* Hynix 2DPC patch (POST issues with all slots populated)
* Fan control fixes, including EXT_FAN card
* PCIEX8/X4_4 lane switching tested and works fine, however, I haven't verified the issue on older BIOS

Please note, some boards have older firmware for the onboard OLED/Aura, which can cause some strange issues. Update to the version here. Run the .exe from within Windows.

After applying the update above, you can apply the version here

UEFI build

NOTICE: If you already have a SATA RAID configuration, make a backup of the array before updating to this build, then rebuild it once you have flashed the BIOS.

For more details and instructions regarding the BIOS/RAID driver, please refer to the following
link

Revised memory rules
Fixed CPU temp reporting issue after CMOS clear
UEFI RAID driver updated
Secure Erase string update

UEFI build 0603
Includes Ai suite patch, RAID driver update, and a patch for Inateck 7-port KTU3FR-5O2U to solve POST issues.

UEFI build 9960 based on 0601:
Automatically applies a 2T Command Rate for 2DPC configs when above DDR4-2820.

UEFI build 0601
public release build.
This will be on the support pages soon. Same as the 9910 beta. Please clear CMOS after updating (allow the update to complete fully before doing so!).

For those of you still experiencing memory instability, try setting a 2T Command Rate.

Older beta UEFI:

UEFI beta build 9910
More memory tuning for dual rank configs

UEFI beta build 9906

More DRAM tuning for compatibility/oc
Added CLDO VDDP Voltage under Tweaker's Paradise
Also synchronized hwm CPU temp with monitor

UEFI build 9980

Improves memory overclocking - again.

UEFI build 9964

Improves memory overclocking, and adds 'Ln2 Tune' option to Tweaker's Paradise.
118 REPLIES 118

JpArizona wrote:
How important is upgrading the bios?

I am on 0503, everything seems to be running fine, just I get stuttering from time to time.

Ha ha ha ha ha

ApolloX wrote:
Ha ha ha ha ha

lmfao all in all I done over 7 clean installs, tried every bios out, and Finally got it running smoothly (minus some screen flickering think its more nvidia than threadipper) but got threadripper snappy as can be. updated to 0902 bios.

Capo99999
Level 7
is 0902 the latest bios? anything later that might recognize more ram?

Capo99999 wrote:

Yes I believe 0902 is the most uptodate stable bios release and think it gonna stay this version for awhile as you can see on this OP teh last updated beta version was 0901.

Capo99999 wrote:

Dunno about that aspect. UEFI 0901 has AGESA 1.0.0.4 which 0902 does not. Some on OCN had issues with 0901 dropping RAM channels. There is UEFI 0019 which is supposed to have that resolved. NVMe RAID option is missing that UEFI. I have managed same RAM OC as tested on 0901; 3466MHz The Stilt preset.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

ReneS
Level 8
Why is there so much new stuff for this board? What about the Strix X399-E Gaming?

I am completely frustrated. So many issues with the BIOS and tools (AI Suite, Aura, RAID). Still no AGESA 1.0.0.4. Still left behind by the competitors. A 500 Euro flagship with worst support. I will never ever buy an ASUS product again!

ZeroStrat wrote:
I am completely frustrated. So many issues with the BIOS and tools (AI Suite, Aura, RAID). Still no AGESA 1.0.0.4. Still left behind by the competitors. A 500 Euro flagship with worst support. I will never ever buy an ASUS product again!

Same here, still waiting.... nothing happens.

Anyone alive @ Asus Support and Software Development????

Ljugtomten
Level 9
A couple of new UEFI beta versions have been posted over at overclock.net by Elmor.
Check the main post here for links and partial changelogs: http://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1636566-asus-rog-zenith-extreme-x399-threadripper...

new post from OCN

Sorry for the delays, it will still be a while until we're back on track with latest AGESA etc. We're keeping any official BIOS on AGESA 1.0.0.3 until we've sorted out the issues. What I've got right now is a beta BIOS 1001 with fixes for fan tuning (randomly detecting 9x%).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x0iyim...-ASUS-1001.zip