Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith Extreme Beta UEFI 0901

Raja
Level 13
From Elmor:

Beta BIOS 0901 http://www.mediafire.com/file/8tp9l0...-ASUS-0901.zip

Have not tested this extensively, let me know how it works for you.

- AGESA 1.0.0.4
- Fan fixes from 0012
- UEFI RAID driver updated (and hopefully back on track)

Beta BIOS 0804 https://www.mediafire.com/file/hurdeb58o4mtjq2/ROG-ZENITH-EXTREME-ASUS-0804.zip

* AGESA 1.0.0.3
* Hynix 2DPC patch (POST issues with all slots populated)
* Fan control fixes, including EXT_FAN card
* PCIEX8/X4_4 lane switching tested and works fine, however, I haven't verified the issue on older BIOS

Please note, some boards have older firmware for the onboard OLED/Aura, which can cause some strange issues. Update to the version here. Run the .exe from within Windows.

After applying the update above, you can apply the version here

UEFI build

NOTICE: If you already have a SATA RAID configuration, make a backup of the array before updating to this build, then rebuild it once you have flashed the BIOS.

For more details and instructions regarding the BIOS/RAID driver, please refer to the following
link

Revised memory rules
Fixed CPU temp reporting issue after CMOS clear
UEFI RAID driver updated
Secure Erase string update

UEFI build 0603
Includes Ai suite patch, RAID driver update, and a patch for Inateck 7-port KTU3FR-5O2U to solve POST issues.

UEFI build 9960 based on 0601:
Automatically applies a 2T Command Rate for 2DPC configs when above DDR4-2820.

UEFI build 0601
public release build.
This will be on the support pages soon. Same as the 9910 beta. Please clear CMOS after updating (allow the update to complete fully before doing so!).

For those of you still experiencing memory instability, try setting a 2T Command Rate.

Older beta UEFI:

UEFI beta build 9910
More memory tuning for dual rank configs

UEFI beta build 9906

More DRAM tuning for compatibility/oc
Added CLDO VDDP Voltage under Tweaker's Paradise
Also synchronized hwm CPU temp with monitor

UEFI build 9980

Improves memory overclocking - again.

UEFI build 9964

Improves memory overclocking, and adds 'Ln2 Tune' option to Tweaker's Paradise.
118 REPLIES 118

@Raja: I really hope you mean AGESA 1.0.0.4

Do BIOS 0801 or 0804 fix the USB power issue I've encountered?

I have an external USB hub, I could plug devices without any issue whatsoever on my previous PC build. It's an old D-Link USB 4 port hub but it is all I needed for a quick connection. It is mains powered and USB connected to PC.

The issue for me now is that the USB ports on the rear of motherboard or hub do not seem to deliver enough power to charge my Pixel XL mobile phone - the phone is recognized in Windows when connected to either but that's all (phone states slow charging, but never increases in battery %).

Also, I have a 1TB portable USB HDD which I used to connect to the USB hub but now it is not recognized in the hub at all. It is only available if I plug directly into a rear motherboard USB plug.

My current configuration:

Mobo: This one obviously (ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME X399)
CPU: AMD 1950X Threadripper
Memory: G.Skill F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR ( 32GB (4 x 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600))
Graphics: 2 x Sapphire RX Vega 64 HBM2 (air edition)
Drives: 3xSamsung 960 PRO NVMe 512GB (1x Under ROG cover, 2x in DIMM.2 adapter)
Cooling: 2 custom water cooling loops, CPU and GPU separate.
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 (80+ Platinum)

Behavior on 801:
- Cannot switch PCIEX8/X4_4 to X8 mode
- Memory runs at 3200MHz via D.O.C.P profile
- NVMe RAID available and functional

Behavior on 804:
- Memory can't run at 3200MHz even via D.O.C.P profile
- NVMe RAID option not even available for selection. Only thing available is enumeration of IOMMUs (as was the case with BIOS prior to 801)

I tried resetting/clearing CMOS, had to go back to 801 just to be able to use the PC. Tried various settings in 804 such as memory at default 2133MHz, no overclocking enhancement/no manual core ratio, etc. NVMe RAID option simply isn't there :mad:

PCIEX8/X4_4 still behaves the same. After setting it to X8 board resets CPU a few times and resets it back to X4.

Was 804 based off of 801 or version prior to 801? I was most surprised by lack of NVMe RAID in it. Settings were exactly as they are on 801 and option wasn't even there to enable/select.

I gotta say I am somewhat worried and disappointed at the same time that a flagship product that cost $550 is not receiving much attention or love.

Does anyone have the link to version 0801? I have 0804 and i am also not seeing the option for NVME.

Thank you

jstewart wrote:
Does anyone have the link to version 0801? I have 0804 and i am also not seeing the option for NVME.

Thank you

Look in the first post there is the link there

DemonOfElru wrote:
My current configuration:

Mobo: This one obviously (ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME X399)
CPU: AMD 1950X Threadripper
Memory: G.Skill F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR ( 32GB (4 x 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600))
Graphics: 2 x Sapphire RX Vega 64 HBM2 (air edition)
Drives: 3xSamsung 960 PRO NVMe 512GB (1x Under ROG cover, 2x in DIMM.2 adapter)
Cooling: 2 custom water cooling loops, CPU and GPU separate.
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 (80+ Platinum)

Behavior on 801:
- Memory runs at 3200MHz via D.O.C.P profile
- NVMe RAID available and functional

Behavior on 804:
- Memory can't run at 3200MHz even via D.O.C.P profile
- NVMe RAID option not even available for selection. Only thing available is enumeration of IOMMUs (as was the case with BIOS prior to 801)

I tried resetting/clearing CMOS, had to go back to 801 just to be able to use the PC. Tried various settings in 804 such as memory at default 2133MHz, no overclocking enhancement/no manual core ratio, etc. NVMe RAID option simply isn't there :mad:

PCIEX8/X4_4 still behaves the same. After setting it to X8 board resets CPU a few times and resets it back to X4.

Was 804 based off of 801 or version prior to 801? I was most surprised by lack of NVMe RAID in it. Settings were exactly as they are on 801 and option wasn't even there to enable/select.

I gotta say I am somewhat worried and disappointed at the same time that a flagship product that cost $550 is not receiving much attention or love.

Glad I haven't updated yet, ASUS pushed this build on their driver page as well, and I'm running 2x nvme drives raid 0 as my boot drive and would really rather not have to reinstall after updating. I'll hold off until something a bit better built comes out.

If anyone has tried the update and maintaining the raid let us know. ASUS come on man I've seen much better testing being done, for a 500 Mobo without basic raid testing is pretty bad.

derrickmehaffy wrote:
Glad I haven't updated yet, ASUS pushed this build on their driver page as well, and I'm running 2x nvme drives raid 0 as my boot drive and would really rather not have to reinstall after updating. I'll hold off until something a bit better built comes out.

If anyone has tried the update and maintaining the raid let us know. ASUS come on man I've seen much better testing being done, for a 500 Mobo without basic raid testing is pretty bad.

I just checked the official BIOS page and you're right. They posted it up as official update (really ASUS?). There is a note on the bottom:

NOTICE: If you are upgrading from beta BIOS 0801 and have a SATA/NVMe RAID configuration, backup your data and remove the array before updating to this build.

It doesn't say if the RAID can be re-enabled (there was no option to anywhere) and reconstructed later. Just says backup data and remove RAID. How the hell does this happen? 801 has been around for a while and people have tested it plenty I think. If 801 was official I'd be OK with that. It's been through testing by people and for the most part it works. Yet, you post 804 firmware as official after it has been available on this forum for a fraction of a time 801 has been, doesn't fix jack, removes NVMe RAID, and who knows what other gremlins reside in there. What the hell?

Unbelievable...

The support for this board is dismal.

From another forum--

Not fully up to date on this, but most likely due to updated UEFI AMD RAID module which would be a change from AMD's side and not ours. The updated version is not backwards compatible, was the same situation when NVMe RAID support was added, any existing AHCI RAID array got lost.

OLD

NEW

Another beta BIOS, version 0012 (Based on 0804 final). Posted by elmor (at ASUS) on another forum here.

Addresses:

A few more fan tuning and control issues should be patched in this test BIOS. PWM/DC seems to detect properly. I still get bad min fan speed detected after running Q-Fan Tuning, but way more seldom (2 times out of 50).

Download here.

Dimitrios1971 wrote:
From another forum--

Not fully up to date on this, but most likely due to updated UEFI AMD RAID module which would be a change from AMD's side and not ours. The updated version is not backwards compatible, was the same situation when NVMe RAID support was added, any existing AHCI RAID array got lost.

Yup, I saw that. I can understand loss of RAID volume and having to recreate the array. I couldn't even find where to enable the NVMe RAID support lol. It wasn't in any of the menus I checked. I would format and start clean slate if the X4->X8 issue was fixed and I could recreate RAID, but the option wasn't even there. Without the option, there is no RaidXpert. Without RaidXpert, I can't delete volume. Chicken and the egg problem kind of if they require complete wipe to even show the option. I wasn't ready to risk it and delete array on 801 and go to 804. I may do it once I image the volume and can easily put things back the way they were without going through pain of reinstalling Windows and all the software.

Edit:

Update on this. 0801 was updated to a new AMD UEFI RAID driver, but we found it caused some issues when using SATA RAID. 0804 is downgraded to an older version which does not support NVMe RAID at all. Next BIOS will have this fixed, sorry for the confusion.

I guess that explains a thing or two.