Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith Extreme Beta UEFI 0901

Raja
Level 13
From Elmor:

Beta BIOS 0901 http://www.mediafire.com/file/8tp9l0...-ASUS-0901.zip

Have not tested this extensively, let me know how it works for you.

- AGESA 1.0.0.4
- Fan fixes from 0012
- UEFI RAID driver updated (and hopefully back on track)

Beta BIOS 0804 https://www.mediafire.com/file/hurdeb58o4mtjq2/ROG-ZENITH-EXTREME-ASUS-0804.zip

* AGESA 1.0.0.3
* Hynix 2DPC patch (POST issues with all slots populated)
* Fan control fixes, including EXT_FAN card
* PCIEX8/X4_4 lane switching tested and works fine, however, I haven't verified the issue on older BIOS

Please note, some boards have older firmware for the onboard OLED/Aura, which can cause some strange issues. Update to the version here. Run the .exe from within Windows.

After applying the update above, you can apply the version here

UEFI build

NOTICE: If you already have a SATA RAID configuration, make a backup of the array before updating to this build, then rebuild it once you have flashed the BIOS.

For more details and instructions regarding the BIOS/RAID driver, please refer to the following
link

Revised memory rules
Fixed CPU temp reporting issue after CMOS clear
UEFI RAID driver updated
Secure Erase string update

UEFI build 0603
Includes Ai suite patch, RAID driver update, and a patch for Inateck 7-port KTU3FR-5O2U to solve POST issues.

UEFI build 9960 based on 0601:
Automatically applies a 2T Command Rate for 2DPC configs when above DDR4-2820.

UEFI build 0601
public release build.
This will be on the support pages soon. Same as the 9910 beta. Please clear CMOS after updating (allow the update to complete fully before doing so!).

For those of you still experiencing memory instability, try setting a 2T Command Rate.

Older beta UEFI:

UEFI beta build 9910
More memory tuning for dual rank configs

UEFI beta build 9906

More DRAM tuning for compatibility/oc
Added CLDO VDDP Voltage under Tweaker's Paradise
Also synchronized hwm CPU temp with monitor

UEFI build 9980

Improves memory overclocking - again.

UEFI build 9964

Improves memory overclocking, and adds 'Ln2 Tune' option to Tweaker's Paradise.
118 REPLIES 118

Hey guys... quick question.

Is the Zenith Extreme Beta bios working on the X399 Strix too, or is it only for the Zenith?

Thanks!

MikeMK wrote:
Hey guys... quick question.

Is the Zenith Extreme Beta bios working on the X399 Strix too, or is it only for the Zenith?

Thanks!

Don't ever mix even if they share some of the same components you can easily brick your device.

This new version makes my cpu temp spike alot!. before i had 35/40 and now i'm at 40/50 or even 60 degrees!

spadizzle wrote:
So far, so good! like really good!

I can now run at 3600 mem speed with the recommended timings. Before it was 3333. Ran Memtest for a bit also. no errors.

If any issues come up ill post back.

Edit: So the board is handling the memory way better now, but still no 100% at 3600 for me. So I set it back to 3333 for the time being.

May i ask what ram you are using?

Mikan02
Level 7
Not tested 0801 much yet.
Update looked fine.
Changing different options and moving around in the UEFI in general seems a lot more fluid. 🙂
Temp show correctly after clear CMOS.

When entering Windows again, I noticed something odd. Got notification that account not properly being signed in.
Then I checked "Settings/Account/Your Info" and it was logged in still but not verified anymore.
Checked activation and it seemed to be still fine.

Tried to verify again but it just stops and gives error code 0x801901f4.
Looked it up and it seems to have something to do with region.
Both my RVE10s use same settings on this and still is verified (all is connected to same router). :confused:

Used Secure Erase and reinstalled OS, but that did not help.
Tried Secure Erase again and reinstalled OS again just to be sure, same result.

Checked Microsoft Account and it seems to be tracking the PC changes correctly still.

Updated 2 hours after update was posted if I remember right, and I tried to verify again just now.

It does not prevent me doing anything so it is not a major problem for me.
Only thing I think can be affected is region locked videos/web sites and so on.

Mikan02 wrote:
Not tested 0801 much yet.
Update looked fine.
Changing different options and moving around in the UEFI in general seems a lot more fluid. 🙂
Temp show correctly after clear CMOS.

When entering Windows again, I noticed something odd. Got notification that account not properly being signed in.
Then I checked "Settings/Account/Your Info" and it was logged in still but not verified anymore.
Checked activation and it seemed to be still fine.

Tried to verify again but it just stops and gives error code 0x801901f4.
Looked it up and it seems to have something to do with region.
Both my RVE10s use same settings on this and still is verified (all is connected to same router). :confused:

Used Secure Erase and reinstalled OS, but that did not help.
Tried Secure Erase again and reinstalled OS again just to be sure, same result.

Checked Microsoft Account and it seems to be tracking the PC changes correctly still.

Updated 2 hours after update was posted if I remember right, and I tried to verify again just now.

It does not prevent me doing anything so it is not a major problem for me.
Only thing I think can be affected is region locked videos/web sites and so on.

Just updated aswell to 0801, no issues for me when logging on.
I am not using a Microsoft Account, as i have a domain and running Windows 10 Pro version 1703.
OS is still activated (not using KMS).

Ljugtomten wrote:
Just updated aswell to 0801, no issues for me when logging on.
I am not using a Microsoft Account, as i have a domain and running Windows 10 Pro version 1703.
OS is still activated (not using KMS).

Solved it for now I think, used "Microsoft Authenticator" phone app to verify instead of e-mail.
Funny part is that I had to verify wtih e-mail to get the app working, so e-mail worked when my phone requested a code.:confused:
Nice app thou, works with several accounts I think. I used the two step option, looked a little safer.

I actually tried first to change Region to all languages installed and restarted but no change.

I think it is Microsoft issue, since I tried to flash back to 0603 and it still could not verify until I tried the phone app instead.
Now I am on 0801 again and it looks fine but I am still unsure why it happen right after update thou.

So unless someone else experience same issue, I guess this is on Microsoft end. Just really odd, never seen this happen before.

Mikan02
Level 7
I think I have a new favorite. 🙂
0801 seems to be less static on scores like 9960.
So far 0801 perform a little less then or same as 0603 at same settings.

But I managed to do a run, 0801 with faster memory.
Still trying to stabilize it a bit more at that speed thou.:p
It posts without issues at the moment, 1st post no retrains.

Fire Strike Physics Score 32625^^
https://www.3dmark.com/fs/13747371

I just upgraded to 0803 so I can check out the preview of the NVMe Raid option (I know AMD has not released the driver yet). I do not see any options for Riad on my 3 960 EVO drives. In the advanced/SATA connection my 3 M2 slots are NA also, when I switch the RAID mode from AHCI to RAID and save and repost I do not see any options for RAID. Any ideas?

Installed 0801 today, noticed the AURA and LiveDash programs don't work anymore (AURA crashes, LiveDash won't make any changes to the OLED screen).

Update: Went back to 0603 and re-flashed the OLED firmware and both apps are working, so it was something with 0801 for sure.