Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith Extreme Beta UEFI 0901

Raja
Level 13
From Elmor:

Beta BIOS 0901 http://www.mediafire.com/file/8tp9l0...-ASUS-0901.zip

Have not tested this extensively, let me know how it works for you.

- AGESA 1.0.0.4
- Fan fixes from 0012
- UEFI RAID driver updated (and hopefully back on track)

Beta BIOS 0804 https://www.mediafire.com/file/hurdeb58o4mtjq2/ROG-ZENITH-EXTREME-ASUS-0804.zip

* AGESA 1.0.0.3
* Hynix 2DPC patch (POST issues with all slots populated)
* Fan control fixes, including EXT_FAN card
* PCIEX8/X4_4 lane switching tested and works fine, however, I haven't verified the issue on older BIOS

Please note, some boards have older firmware for the onboard OLED/Aura, which can cause some strange issues. Update to the version here. Run the .exe from within Windows.

After applying the update above, you can apply the version here

UEFI build

NOTICE: If you already have a SATA RAID configuration, make a backup of the array before updating to this build, then rebuild it once you have flashed the BIOS.

For more details and instructions regarding the BIOS/RAID driver, please refer to the following
link

Revised memory rules
Fixed CPU temp reporting issue after CMOS clear
UEFI RAID driver updated
Secure Erase string update

UEFI build 0603
Includes Ai suite patch, RAID driver update, and a patch for Inateck 7-port KTU3FR-5O2U to solve POST issues.

UEFI build 9960 based on 0601:
Automatically applies a 2T Command Rate for 2DPC configs when above DDR4-2820.

UEFI build 0601
public release build.
This will be on the support pages soon. Same as the 9910 beta. Please clear CMOS after updating (allow the update to complete fully before doing so!).

For those of you still experiencing memory instability, try setting a 2T Command Rate.

Older beta UEFI:

UEFI beta build 9910
More memory tuning for dual rank configs

UEFI beta build 9906

More DRAM tuning for compatibility/oc
Added CLDO VDDP Voltage under Tweaker's Paradise
Also synchronized hwm CPU temp with monitor

UEFI build 9980

Improves memory overclocking - again.

UEFI build 9964

Improves memory overclocking, and adds 'Ln2 Tune' option to Tweaker's Paradise.
118 REPLIES 118

Hi Raja

There is a reproducible compatibility issue with the Zenith extreme firmware with operating a RTX 2080 in a multiple card configuration.

See
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105105-Code-0E-Load-VGA-Bios&p=736985&posted=1#post736985
Where a user is trying ot operate a Titan V in slot one, and a 2080 in slot 3

and
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1074074/geforce-rtx-20-series/asus-zeneth-extreme-x399-rtx2...

Where the user is trying to run SLI RTX 2080.

Squall Leonhart wrote:
Hi Raja

There is a reproducible compatibility issue with the Zenith extreme firmware with operating a RTX 2080 in a multiple card configuration.

I have the same issue with 2x Asus Dual RTX 2080 Ti cards loaded in the Zenith board, either card works fine in either Slot1 and Slot3, but inserting both cards at the same time results in POST fail with "0E" code "Load VGA bios" message on the tiny OLED display. No keyboard, can't get past the POST. Removing all 8pin VGA power cables from a card does not help, still no POST, but disabling either pcie slot with DIP switches makes the system boot and work fine.

PSU is ok, all power leads connected to mbo. The same system was stable with 2x poseidon 1080 Ti 's in SLI, only BIOS got updated to 1402 which is the latest non BETA, and the cards are replaced. NVLINK bridge is not installed, as it's yet to arrive, but the problem does not seem to be related to that.

Someone mentioned that there is a BETA bios ready to solve this problem, I wonder if it's true..

there is a problem when using two rtx2080 or rtx2080 ti the system wont boot ,if i use one card it works ,there are many users reporting this issue ,on asus rog forum and nvidia forum,evga forum also ,please can you look into this problem

Mikan02
Level 7
Tested 0603 on a fresh Windows 10 install and now my phone works like normal on all USB ports.
I checked with my phone on all USB ports except the BIOS one. No on and off on certain ports. 🙂
Also CPU temp seems back to normal for me, had to change FAN profile. ^^

@ROGFanboy
Make sure you have latest firmware found in first post.
If you installed 1.00.10, then just update to 1.00.13 too.
If you have not installed 1.00.10 make sure to update to it first and then update to 1.00.13.

Download 0603 and extract the UEFI file from the rar with 7zip or winzip.
Update to 0603 like normal (I always use the EZ flash inside UEFI, but any method should work fine).

I usually clear CMOS and "load optimized defaults" in the UEFI before and after the "UEFI update", but it is most important after.
To clear CMOS without opening the case:
-->Shutdown Computer
-->When fans stop spinning hold clear CMOS found on top of the motherboard IO back panel for 3 sec or so.

Then please consider trying what I did and install Windows 10 again when done with the UEFI update.
Test if same happens now with the default Windows 10 drivers. Hopefully it helps like it did on my phone. 🙂

If your NZXT hardware with USB connection still have issues after trying this, I would consider contacting NZXT.
A friend said they tend to fix things fast.

Currently my ROG Zenith have a Enermax Liqtech 360 TR4 that have no USB connections.
Both my ROG RVE10´s use a Corsair H115i that have a USB connection,
but I only use Corsair Link to adjust fans when needed and then store the fan profile
in the AIO. First thing I do is to turn off "start with Windows" so only driver is running.

Mikan02 wrote:
Tested 0603 on a fresh Windows 10 install and now my phone works like normal on all USB ports.
I checked with my phone on all USB ports except the BIOS one. No on and off on certain ports. 🙂
Also CPU temp seems back to normal for me, had to change FAN profile. ^^

@ROGFanboy
Make sure you have latest firmware found in first post.
If you installed 1.00.10, then just update to 1.00.13 too.
If you have not installed 1.00.10 make sure to update to it first and then update to 1.00.13.

Download 0603 and extract the UEFI file from the rar with 7zip or winzip.
Update to 0603 like normal (I always use the EZ flash inside UEFI, but any method should work fine).

I usually clear CMOS and "load optimized defaults" in the UEFI before and after the "UEFI update", but it is most important after.
To clear CMOS without opening the case:
-->Shutdown Computer
-->When fans stop spinning hold clear CMOS found on top of the motherboard IO back panel for 3 sec or so.

Then please consider trying what I did and install Windows 10 again when done with the UEFI update.
Test if same happens now with the default Windows 10 drivers. Hopefully it helps like it did on my phone. 🙂

If your NZXT hardware with USB connection still have issues after trying this, I would consider contacting NZXT.
A friend said they tend to fix things fast.

Currently my ROG Zenith have a Enermax Liqtech 360 TR4 that have no USB connections.
Both my ROG RVE10´s use a Corsair H115i that have a USB connection,
but I only use Corsair Link to adjust fans when needed and then store the fan profile
in the AIO. First thing I do is to turn off "start with Windows" so only driver is running.

Thank you so much! I will definitely try to do this.

But how do I know which Firmware I have?
How do I update it? There's tons of stuff in the .zip file.
And where can I download the V1.00.13 version?

EDIT: Thanks again for the helpful steps. It worked perfectly! The new BIOS is installed. Unfortunately all of my problems remain.

EDIT 2: Problems fixed! Reinstalled every single USB driver, updated Windows to the latest version (did this include new AMD USB Drivers?) and reinstalled NZXT CAM and Corsair Utility Engine. Also uninstalled Logitech Gaming Software (garbage), swapped cables of the Vive, unplugged/plugged everything and updated Vive firmware and drivers (for both Bluetooth and the device itself).

ROGFanboy wrote:
Thank you so much! I will definitely try to do this.

But how do I know which Firmware I have?
How do I update it? There's tons of stuff in the .zip file.
And where can I download the V1.00.13 version?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sxpf9mxoqrf3a4x/OLED+FW+V1.00.13.rar

Mikan02
Level 7
Not tested limits yet on 0603 so not sure anything change there yet,
but for me some of the sensor readings are a little random in AIDA64.

Mostly VRM temp and some of Fan sensors seems to turn off and on
sometimes (does not seem to affect anything thou, fans running like normal).
Also noticed AIDA64 says now it is a unknown motherboard,
everything else seems to be detected like normal.

I only run one monitoring software trying to avoid conflict and this
includes not opening task manager. I also disable all CPU sensors in
GPU OC Software.

Mikan02
Level 7
@ROGFanboy
Glad to hear it works now ^^
Interesting to hear that you needed to install the drivers still,
I guess AMD still have some work with the USB drivers. 🙂

----

0603 works well so far, for some reason 9960 is still my favorite.
0603 gives more static results even when pushing limits,
this is a good thing I guess.
9960 is a little more lively and tend to be less static on results,
but 9960 tends to have mostly same result or some points extra
compared to 0603.

Mikan02 wrote:
@ROGFanboy
Interesting to hear that you needed to install the drivers still,
I guess AMD still have some work with the USB drivers. 🙂

Yes, I suspect USB driver work is needed. See this thread and my latest reply here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95682-USB-PCIe-Performance-Issues&p=677874&viewfull=1#post... for info about USB drivers, at least that's what I was able to find so far.

I'm seeing BIOS 0701 on the ASUS downloads website, dated 08/16:

Version 0701 2017/08/16
4.92 MBytes
ROG ZENITH EXTREME BIOS 0701
1.Addressable LED FW 0201.
2.Improve system stability.

Any more info about this BIOS? From the date posted on the support website it doesn't look more recent than 0801. I haven't seen any info about 0701 before. anyone cares to give some details? If I'm on 0801, should I use this one instead?