Did you mean: 

Zenith Extreme Alpha New Bios 2202 Support Windows 11 & resizbale BAR

Dimitrios1971
Level 12
Zenith Extreme Alpha New Bios 2202 Support Windows 11 & resizbale BAR

Version 2202
2021/09/23 6.05 MBytes
ROG ZENITH EXTREME ALPHA BIOS 2202
"1. Support Windows 11 by default, no settings changes required in the UEFI BIOS.
Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (ZEA.CAP) using BIOSRenamer."

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BIOS/ROG-ZENITH-EXTREME-ALPHA-ASUS-2202.ZIP

OLD

NEW

5 REPLIES 5

Jdub1998
Level 7
I am wondering if it's safe to switch over even tho it's such a new BIOS.. Is this the stable release? And can I do the EZ Flash install on Zenith Extreme Alpha?

I have tried 3 different usb drives and made sure to format them to exfat 32 and then shut down and restarted, and then turned it back on and loaded BIOS then went to EZ flash utility and it will not show my storage device? It is showing all of my hard drives installed into the motherboard but it will not show my USB flash that I have installed in the BIOS utility hole.

I downloaded the bios from the asus support site. I use the asus zenith extreme alpha amd threadripper 2950x 128gb ram.

I have version 2101 bios currently and its worked fine. But I want to do the windows insider for windows 11 and really need this bIOS to be updated. But nothing works, I even tried the Online ez flash while in BIOS.

I made sure CSM launcher or whatever it is is enabled. This has never happened. In the past it would always read my flash drives.

Maybe its the bIos 2101 that is causing the issue?

Jdub1998 wrote:
I have tried 3 different usb drives and made sure to format them to exfat 32 and then shut down and restarted, and then turned it back on and loaded BIOS then went to EZ flash utility and it will not show my storage device? It is showing all of my hard drives installed into the motherboard but it will not show my USB flash that I have installed in the BIOS utility hole.

I downloaded the bios from the asus support site. I use the asus zenith extreme alpha amd threadripper 2950x 128gb ram.

I have version 2101 bios currently and its worked fine. But I want to do the windows insider for windows 11 and really need this bIOS to be updated. But nothing works, I even tried the Online ez flash while in BIOS.

I made sure CSM launcher or whatever it is is enabled. This has never happened. In the past it would always read my flash drives.

Maybe its the bIos 2101 that is causing the issue?

I can confirm after asking my 23 year old son what I was doing wrong that all I needed to do was use the BIOS flashback utility. So I put my exfat 32 flash drive into the bios utility and made sure the computer POWER was ON, BUT, windows was shut down. So basically turn everything off and shut everything down, then turn the POWER ON, then press and hold the bios button for 3 seconds until flashing, then I waited about 3 minutes for it to finish flashing and it worked. But, some say it can take up to 8 minutes. So make 100% sure its done flashing (blinking) before you fire it up.. Now lets hope windows 11 works out okay.

Hey,

Can anyone confirm if the new BIOS for Zenith Extreme (2201) has resizable BAR support?

Quick update:

An hour ago I flashed my BIOS. Yes, the new BIOS for Zenith Extreme (2201) has implemented resizable bar feature. Finally 🙂

dejanh
Level 8
I know I'm posting quite late to this thread, but I want to say that this UEFI has been the most stable on an X399 board since the 1003 on the original Zenith Extreme. Very happy!