cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which LAN Driver + USB Keeps Disconnecting

ROGFanboy
Level 7
Hi (please ignore my idiot forum name),

I've got two issues, help is appreciated.

1. Which LAN driver do I install? There's 3 options: https://i.imgur.com/CNSNbAb.png

(Image didn't paste here unfortunately, sorry).

2. My USB keyboard (Corsair K95) keeps disconnecting and reconnecting immediately at random times. I have both USBs plugged into the back of the motherboard in de SS10 slots (next to Ethernet port) with the latest Corsair Utility Engine software.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

pisymbol
Level 7
Read the USB/PCIe thread about a driver issue somebody ran into that could be the root of your problem.

Mikan02
Level 7
The Aquantia 10g driver is for the LAN card. Only needed if you add it.

The Intel driver is the LAN port on the motherboard IO back shield. Most people
either use latest one or the one that Microsoft installs. Both should be ok but ideal is latest one usually.

Try last post in the thread pisymbol mentioned.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95682-USB-PCIe-Performance-Issues
I normally do not install drivers for my Razer keyboard, but noticed Windows did not want to auto install
Razer drivers like normal after a new clean install Windows and only used default keyboard drivers instead.
Mostly used to Intel so though maybe it was something with AMD.
This thread and the USB/Perforamnce Issues thread made me curios so decided to try what ssuski did.
Managed to update all but one root hub and it seems like it work cause now it found the Razer keyboard
like normal.

On last clean install my Corsair AIO was found like normal. But kinda unsure about my Logitech mouse,
since I install Logitech Gaming Software (no auto start with Windows, only for drivers).

Thanks for the replies guys! Unfortunately I still haven't figured out the USB issues. I reinstalled the Corsair Utility Engine (drivers for my keyboard), but it keeps disconnecting. I'm pretty sure it's not the keyboard, but the motherboard or some USB controller hub instead.

Where can I find USB controller hub drivers to reinstall them fresh? And how would I uninstall them first?

Also I installed the new LAN driver and everything seems to be working fine on that end now 🙂

EDIT: Turns out that, after installing the X399_IntelLAN_22.6.6.0_20170911, Windows Device Manager still says "Network Controller (Other devices) ahs no drivers installed for this device (Code 28)".

Help please 😞