cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB - C to HDMI ?

Cory29
Level 7
Hey I was wondering if USB-C to HDMI can work

I have a dongle and I can see it and the usb 3.0 ports attached to it but It cant see the HDMI

maybe the driver doesn't support this ?
4 REPLIES 4

Wobbler
Level 7
As far as I'm aware of that requires integrated graphics processing on the CPU (the new AMD APU perhaps), and support for displayport protocol over USB-C.
...took a while even to find the cable, literally only 1 that kind of cable seemed to exist, to get that USB-C port (MB connector -> USB-c port). Now some new cases seem to have USB-C port(s) (aka cable in them).

xeromist
Can you link to the product you are trying to use?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

GERKIN
Level 7
I already wrote to ASUS about the issue. Its data only

When using Windows® 7, the USB 3.1 Gen 1 driver must be manually installed before USB 3.1 Gen 1 devices can be used due to the controller’s limitation.
• USB 3.1 Gen 1/Gen 2 devices can only be used as data storage only.
• We strongly recommend that you connect your devices to ports with matching data transfer rate. Please connect your USB 3.1 Gen 1 devices to USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports and your USB 3.1 Gen 2 devices to USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports for faster and better performance for your devices.
• When KeyBot II is activated, USB hot plug function of the KeyBot port (USB 3.1 Gen 1 port 1) will be temporarily disabled.
ROG ZENITH EXTREME 2-13

Cory29
Level 7
I didn't think/overlooked about the need for on-board graphics -- that makes more sense

thank you all