cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trx40, Zenith Extreme II Alpha, Memory code: 00

Tux-box1
Level 7
The first question I have is where do I look up the codes that show up on the MB rog display?

On to the real problem, I have "f4-32c14Q2-128GTZR" I know this isn't specifically listed in the QVL, but one would at least think that 1 stick at would work on Dim A1.
I know my previous system x399 ZE would auto clock up class and down clock speed to work with these dims (It would at least post, I could manually time it up from there), so I know these dims worked. By default, they worked at c16 2133?(I can't remember exactly).

I did try the CMOS battery removal and CMOS reset between trying each stick in A1, one at a time and all received the same error.
Can anyone verify these findings and or offer advice?

tags:
Trx40, Zenith Extreme II Alpha, Zenith Extreme 2 Alpha
24 REPLIES 24

chemcup
Level 7
Usually 00 means bad motherboard or CPU, it is more likely bad motherboard, you need to RMA it. Mostly if the motherboard ok any memory kit will work fine, you may not be able to overclock the RAM but at least it will work at the default.

chemcup wrote:
Usually 00 means bad motherboard or CPU, it is more likely bad motherboard, you need to RMA it. Mostly if the motherboard ok any memory kit will work fine, you may not be able to overclock the RAM but at least it will work at the default.

Thanks for the input, but this is the 2nd board I've tried with this ram. It's getting a bit ridiculous.
I've got a buddy about an hours drive away, going to stop by to verify the ram isn't bad. Then I think it's about time to take the CPU back to the store. They are not going to be happy when they see that.

Tux-box1
Level 7
I reseated the CPU, making sure I felt and heard that audible click.
Attempted to fire the thing up and no go, same error.
Does anyone know where to look up the codes like the one I pictured? I didn't see any reference to them or where to go to get more details anywhere on the net.

Got to wonder if it's a CPU issue? The memory controller is on-die with the 3990x, am I correct? Memory code: 00 is not very descriptive.
The system goes straight to Memory code: 00 after pressing the onboard start button in the bottom right.
I'm thinking the only thing left is PSU or CPU. PSU seamed fine, I used it to prime a water pump in another system. I don't have any other way of testing a PSU.
The store is going to crap bricks when they see me again, this time with CPU in tow.

Tux-box1
Level 7
I really need to know where to look up these codes, like the one I pictured. "Memory code: 00". Can someone answer that question, at least?

Tux-box1 wrote:
I really need to know where to look up these codes, like the one I pictured. "Memory code: 00". Can someone answer that question, at least?

That's mean then it is bad cpu. You can find these codes in the motherboard manual

chemcup wrote:
That's mean then it is bad cpu. You can find these codes in the motherboard manual

I found the Q-Code table, thanks.

Just tried with no ram and got the same error, Pulling MB to try out of the case.
FYI case is corsair 1000D

Remember the first MB didn't even show signs that it was getting power. I will try out of the case and post an update.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I would take the components out of the case and try them on top of the MB box....failing that take the lot to the shop and try a different PSU with them if they are willing/able

Okay, you are on your second motherboard. Your memory is compatible with your motherboard (G-Skill RAM Configuration QVL). Your power supply (no specs listed) is strong enough to power your motherboard and connectors are fully seated. If you tried applying power with no memory installed and do not get a Q-Code 55, but still get a Q-Code 00. I’ll agree with chemcup your CPU is dead.

Tux-box1
Level 7
Thanks all,
Update.
I got the CPU replaced and got the same error. I will try the MB out of the case and update.
I've not tried a different PSU, but here are the spec's: EVGA 1300 G2 (PN: 120-g2-1300). I find it strange that a PSU would cause a "memory issue" but the Q-Code table states that "00" is not used.
I drove to my body's house 2hrs away to test the ram and it is working just fine.