cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Front Base compatibility

CX_gamer
Level 7
Hi,

I noticed that the Zenith Extreme has a ROG_EXT connection. Its manual says "This connector is for the OC Panel I/II". Now this leaves me hanging because I like dthe ROG Front Base more than the OC Panel II, but the manual says nothing about it. Which is weird since both extensions use the same ROG_EXT connection.

When looking at the pages of both extensions, neither list the Zenith extreme as a compatible motherboard, but this may be because ASUS forgot to update them?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thank you in advance,

CX
8 REPLIES 8

Bill
Level 7
Hello CX gamer
Thank you for your inquiry.
I'll consult this with our team and I'll get back to you once I have more info
Thank you

Bill
Level 7
Hello CX gamer
I've checked with our team and confirmed that ROG Front Base does not support Zenith Extreme motherboard, thank you.

Alright thank you very much for checking!

For the ones searching and ending up here, there's an alternative solution. I will be ordering a front bay LCD instead, which is programmable. Though by my knowledge it's not possible to make it have a one button overclock.

HeroVIII
Level 7
Hi.
I am delighted with the features it offers and the instant information that gives this front at a glance in my Maximus VIII Hero, is super useful, I can not imagine the future without it, has a stunning design very functional and difficult to overcome, we would love to a large Community of Gamers that will not be forgotten and will include the full compatibility of this stunning frontal on future ROG motherboards.

As someone who just literally mounted one of these in his case and just hasn't had a chance to plug it in yet, this disappoints me immensely :(.

Hello,
I am getting the Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming Motherboard and I would like to add an ROG Front Base to my rig, but I am not sure if my Motherboard is compatible with it.