cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAID Support

legendarypoet
Level 7
Everything I've read (including the manual) says this board supports RAID.
I cannot find a utility on the driver flash drive & AMD's RAIDXpert says there are no eligible components installed.
In the BOIS the utility that says it creates RAIDs just tried to apply an overclock.

Anyone know if RAID is actually supported
Thanks.
58 REPLIES 58

Saturn7 wrote:
Did you install ASUS AI?

ASUS AI enables HPET and it absolutely kill system performance especially 4K random on crystal mark. You should be getting about 420MB/sec for 4K.

To disable/enable HPET in a command window as Administrator.
To enable HPET as the only timer run the command bcdedit /set useplatformclock true
To disable HPET in Windows run the command bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

When I disabled HPET, all my apps started to crash. By default it's disabled but once it's switched on it feels like some of the system becomes dependant on it.

I reinstalled the Windows without ASUS AI. Just do everything form the BIOS .

Yes I do have it installed, I will do the steps you have outlined, thank you.

3 960 EVO in RAID 0

I am hoping with future BIOS updates the performance gets better. @Saturn7, thank you for your help.

vsimone67 wrote:
3 960 EVO in RAID 0

I am hoping with future BIOS updates the performance gets better. @Saturn7, thank you for your help.

How do you connect your NVME drives? I have running 1TB 960 Pro + 1TB Plextor M8Pe on DIMM.2, I'm getting ridiculous slow speed.

xiixexe wrote:
How do you connect your NVME drives? I have running 1TB 960 Pro + 1TB Plextor M8Pe on DIMM.2, I'm getting ridiculous slow speed.

Nevermind, I downloaded CrystalDiskMark 5.2.2, speed now seems to be better but still disappointing.68368

Alright so broke down again and bought another Samsung EVO 500GB NVMe (2 of them on the dimm2 card)

I enabled the NVMe Raid option in PBS, made sure the sata raid was set to ahci (also disconnected my sata drives for now)
Made sure the CSM boot options are all UEFI
Rebooted
Setup the Raid 0 Array in raidxpert and rebooted into the windows setup
I have the AMD x399 Raid drivers on a flash drive, windows sees them after I select the USB drive, but its saying no devices found on any of them.

Raid drivers I downloaded: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/NVMe-RAID-Support-for-the-AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper-plat...

See the following pictures, any help would great:

:mad:

Mikan02
Level 7
On Intel chipset there is a Manual Configuration method too.
https://rog.asus.com/articles/guides/guide-install-m-2-pcie-ssds-in-raid-0-for-speed/
Maybe the AMD Raid option appear when some of the steps are done?
I don´t have available disks to test this at the moment.

Mikan02 wrote:
On Intel chipset there is a Manual Configuration method too.
https://rog.asus.com/articles/guides/guide-install-m-2-pcie-ssds-in-raid-0-for-speed/
Maybe the AMD Raid option appear when some of the steps are done?
I don´t have available disks to test this at the moment.

No. I did all of the steps just to see before I actually put in my M.2s since I was curious. It just goes back into the OC menu after you pick all the options.
Seems like a BIOS update would fix it. Just seems weird that even if you run the driver flash drive, it doesn't see the AMD Raid.

Mikan02
Level 7
Wish I knew another way.
Hopefully there is a easy solution for this, so you and others with raid issues do not need to wait to long.

Mikan02 wrote:
Wish I knew another way.
Hopefully there is a easy solution for this, so you and others with raid issues do not need to wait to long.

Well just based on the other Asus boards bios interface lately it seems like the Bios is just missing the option or its disabled for some reason. Like what was said earlier it likely just needs to be enabled in a bios update, I'm trying to get and keep Asus Tier 2 on the phone or get them to respond via email to confirm the issue.

Of course they outsource their tier 1 guys so its as about as useful as talking to a brick wall with a script. Most of the support they were trying to give was out of another motherboard manuals.

Hello,

I have installed every driver for my Zenith Extreme. In the RAIDXpert2 main page it lists my drives but when I click Array-->Create, there are no drives and I can't create any RAID array.

I have checked the RAIDXpert2 folder and it's just a local Apache server via XAMPP (which I think can be a security issue by the way) and it just translates the GUI actions for the lower level EXEs and DLLs.

So I checked the RAIDXpert2 Javascript and found that the drives are not listed because the available space is 0! Which is odd because they are 2.0TB drives.

Then I went to the rcadm.exe and checked with command line :
rcadm -M -qa

and it also returned the same information.

I tried attaching an older drive but it was also reported as zero free space available.

Since there is no option in the BIOS or Windows 10 for creating RAID, I tried to do it in Linux. But Ubuntu does not even see my HDDs.
I just learned about Storage Spaces under Windows where you can create an HDD pool similar to RAID but that would only be visible from Windows.

Any idea how I could create my RAID array?