cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAID Support

legendarypoet
Level 7
Everything I've read (including the manual) says this board supports RAID.
I cannot find a utility on the driver flash drive & AMD's RAIDXpert says there are no eligible components installed.
In the BOIS the utility that says it creates RAIDs just tried to apply an overclock.

Anyone know if RAID is actually supported
Thanks.
58 REPLIES 58

I cannot get the Windows 10 64bit raid drivers to work. I have successfully created the raid 0 array in the bios. When installing Windows 10 64bit and loading the raid drivers, none of the raid drivers make my raid 0 array appear. I have tried all the different raid drivers on usb stick. I have downloaded the raid drivers off the asus website tried to use them. None of the drivers make my raid 0 array appear. I am not using NVMe SSDs. You can not initialize drives once the array has been created. I have contacted asus support in this matter but have not received a response.

My Components

1x Asus ROG Zenith Extreme x399

1x 1950x Threadripper

4x 8GB DDR4 Gskill Ripjaws

2x Radeon R295x2 Graphics card

2x 840 Evos 250GB

1x 256 m.2.

1x 10000 RPM Raptor ( Not plugged in )

2x 2TB WD 7200 RPM HDDs ( Not plugged in )

1 100iv2 Corsair Water Cooler

1 Corsair HX1000i

1 Corsair Graphite Series 780T Full Tower PC Case

Zarrkuâ„¢;672688 wrote:
I cannot get the Windows 10 64bit raid drivers to work. I have successfully created the raid 0 array in the bios. When installing Windows 10 64bit and loading the raid drivers, none of the raid drivers make my raid 0 array appear. I have tried all the different raid drivers on usb stick. I have downloaded the raid drivers off the asus website tried to use them. None of the drivers make my raid 0 array appear. I am not using NVMe SSDs. You can not initialize drives once the array has been created. I have contacted asus support in this matter but have not received a response.

My Components

1x Asus ROG Zenith Extreme x399

1x 1950x Threadripper

4x 8GB DDR4 Gskill Ripjaws

2x Radeon R295x2 Graphics card

2x 840 Evos 250GB

1x 256 m.2.

1x 10000 RPM Raptor ( Not plugged in )

2x 2TB WD 7200 RPM HDDs ( Not plugged in )

1 100iv2 Corsair Water Cooler

1 Corsair HX1000i

1 Corsair Graphite Series 780T Full Tower PC Case

Did you go to Disk Management in Windows? When you open it up, you should see the RAID as one disk.
Then you can set the GPT and format the drive.

Zarrkuâ„¢ wrote:

I found the drivers in the amd chipset drivers under packages/drivers/xxx. I forget which folder under drivers exactly, but the install will check all the sub folders. Hope that points you in the right direction.

Just noticed this:
UEFI build 0603
Includes Ai suite patch, RAID driver update, and a patch for Inateck 7-port KTU3FR-5O2U to solve POST issues.

In the Beta Bios thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95413-Zenith-Extreme-Beta-UEFI-0603

Link to Bios 0603 beta: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2VRRbLPrZnRzRPU2lvSERwdk0/view

Not at home right now, but will test when I get back in a few hours.

"There will be a new menu in your BIOS, or a new menu accessible with a hotkey during POST. "

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/10/02/now-available-free-nvme-raid-upgrade-for-...

NOTICE: Any user that has an existing SATA RAID config must back up the array’s data and break down the current array before proceeding with driver install and BIOS upgrade.

Disappointed at benchmark results with NVMe RAID 0.

4K Q32T1 is about 30% slower than when using a single drive.
System feels slower and has micro stutter in file explorer.

Also don't try to install the Samsung NVMe drivers, it will nuke your system if you are using RAID.

Going back to single drive for now.

Saturn7 wrote:
Disappointed at benchmark results with NVMe RAID 0.

4K Q32T1 is about 30% slower than when using a single drive.
System feels slower and has micro stutter in file explorer.

Also don't try to install the Samsung NVMe drivers, it will nuke your system if you are using RAID.

Going back to single drive for now.

Question, do you have any SATA drives in your system? The reason I ask is I have 3 NVMe drives and no SATA drives. When I set the NVMe RAID mode on and go to eazy config (after repost) it does not give me a RAID option it just has OC. I am thinking it is a bug in the BIOS and I was going to hook up a spare SSD to see. Since you were able to create an array I would ask first.

I have also set SATA mode to RAID and NVMe to RAID to see if that fixes it but it does not. I do not get any options after re-post to setup my NVMe RAID array. Last, I get horrible 4k stats from Crystal Disk right now, I think my first 4k as around 127 and second was 48 (it is a bit different on each drive but amost the same)

To enable RAID Expert in the BIOS you have to enable CSM mode in Advanced/Boot .
Then you have to make sure all the options below are set to UEFI Only, save settings then reboot back into bios.

Then you should see RAID expert at the bottom of the Advanced menu.

Saturn7 wrote:
To enable RAID Expert in the BIOS you have to enable CSM mode in Advanced/Boot .
Then you have to make sure all the options below are set to UEFI Only, save settings then reboot back into bios.

Then you should see RAID expert at the bottom of the Advanced menu.

Thank you!

vsimone67 wrote:
Question, do you have any SATA drives in your system? The reason I ask is I have 3 NVMe drives and no SATA drives. When I set the NVMe RAID mode on and go to eazy config (after repost) it does not give me a RAID option it just has OC. I am thinking it is a bug in the BIOS and I was going to hook up a spare SSD to see. Since you were able to create an array I would ask first.

I have also set SATA mode to RAID and NVMe to RAID to see if that fixes it but it does not. I do not get any options after re-post to setup my NVMe RAID array. Last, I get horrible 4k stats from Crystal Disk right now, I think my first 4k as around 127 and second was 48 (it is a bit different on each drive but amost the same)

Did you install ASUS AI?

ASUS AI enables HPET and it absolutely kill system performance especially 4K random on crystal mark. You should be getting about 420MB/sec for 4K.

To disable/enable HPET in a command window as Administrator.
To enable HPET as the only timer run the command bcdedit /set useplatformclock true
To disable HPET in Windows run the command bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

When I disabled HPET, all my apps started to crash. By default it's disabled but once it's switched on it feels like some of the system becomes dependant on it.

I reinstalled the Windows without ASUS AI. Just do everything form the BIOS .