cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodic CPU Code 00 but PC is working.

FalloutBoy
Level 7
I am confused, I have read everywhere people saying that code 00 means a dead CPU, bad power supply, bad ram .... In fact I don't think anyone actually knows what it means ... however in most cases those PC's are not working at all ... Mine for the moment is.
I actually thought it was Code 0D that represented a dead CPU because I have actually had a dead CPU caused by a fault in the Zenith Extreme Alpha's BIOS when running with Noctua CPU fans, once they spin down they wont necessarily spin up and thus I have turned QFAN off for the CPU. I have read posts which indicate this is not a fault in the Noctua fans but is indeed a problem with some ASUS motherboards - as posted by Noctua themselves.

This code 00 stuff is only recent and I don't understand why as nothing has been altered regarding hardware.

Can somebody from ASUS please chime in and state definitively what this code means please as it has me a bit freaked that my PC is going to top itself.
I truly believe that there are people on this planet who should voluntarily remove them selves from the gene pool.
Maximus IV Extreme Z/16G/2600K, Rampage V Extreme Edition 10/32G/6900K, G751JY-T7042H
Zenith Extreme Alpha/64G/2950x , X399 Prime A/32G/1900X
Power Mad Mu ha ha ha
2 REPLIES 2

dayjob
Level 9
I too would like some official response so add me to the count of folks waiting for answers.

Side comment: The fan issue sounds odd to me and I have not read about these but I can attest to an odd issue if I use some fans that generate power down the wire by manually spinning the fans (maybe all do this but the issue only seems to exist on the higher end fans). The odd issue for me is that the RPM response to the PWM signal is way off because upon the board trying to measure the result of lowing the speed, it still sees a higher speed than it gave, resulting in some odd bouncing-like issues as well as a one-time problem powering down which was fixed by removing a new Corsair magnet fan. I did find other controllers to have the same issue reading RPM that the Asus boards have though so its maybe an issue in software/firmware with delaying your readout of the resulting new RPM after sending a PWM change.

I have taken out the ASUS fan control software under AI Suite and DIP5 as they were causing crashes when attempting to adjust the fan speed and I mean the whole system would just suddenly turn off.

I tuned the fans under BIOS but when I came in two days ago the PC was asleap, I woke it and sat down and I could see the CPU temp climbing on the Qcode display, it got upto 62 degrees and the fan stayed off, I pulled the power plug, waited for about 45 secs and then plugged it back in, with the cold start the fan started up again, I went into BIOS and disabled QFan. It was just after that, that I went searching and found mention of some ASUS boards not liking Noctua fans and it not being Noctuas problem ( the poster had asked and Noctua had pointed the finger ).

Touch wood the fan has not gone off since, I am keeping an eye on the situation, it's a Noctua NF-A15 PWM Fan - four wire.
I truly believe that there are people on this planet who should voluntarily remove them selves from the gene pool.
Maximus IV Extreme Z/16G/2600K, Rampage V Extreme Edition 10/32G/6900K, G751JY-T7042H
Zenith Extreme Alpha/64G/2950x , X399 Prime A/32G/1900X
Power Mad Mu ha ha ha