cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLED and AURA issues

capitaltpt
Level 7
I seem to have an issue with the onboard OLED not working and not being able to control addressable strips in AURA.

OLED - Does not come on at all. Have cleared CMOS, re-installed windows. Tried re-installing firmware, to the latest, but it says it's already updated. Re-installed Live Dash and Aura. Nothing. I feel it may be a firmware issue. I know there was a tool for the C6H to reflash aura firmware. Anybody know how I can do that with the Zenith?

Aura - I have two Cable Mod Addressable RGB strips daisy chained and attached to the addressable header using the cable ASUS provided with the Zenith. The strips light, but AURA only shows two "ADD Strip" Entries. Making a change to the first ADD strip, does nothing, but making a changed to the second changes all LEDS on both strips. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't these be individually addressable like the backplate and RAM LEDs? Any ideas how to get these to work?
16 REPLIES 16

C@mM! wrote:
Mine broke after applying the latest official bios. Tried to flash the new LED bios versions to no avail.

Eventually got mine working again by clicking on random presets in the aura app. It might work for you.

To clarify, are you referring to the OLED or the addressable LED strip in Aura?

Well, I managed to get my OLED to come back on.
1. Uninstalled Aura, Live Dash, and AISuite
2. Rebooted
3. Ran AI3Cleaner
4.Rebooted
5. Ran Aura Cleaner
6. Rebooted
7. Installed Aura 1.05.25
8.Rebooted
9. Profit.

Haven't tried re-installing AI Suite yet, and I may not.

Still doesn't fix my issue with addressable LED strips though.

I still only get this:

All of strip will be the same color. No option to individually address LEDs

I have updated my bios, but the problem still persists.
Is this a card or LED fault??
Is it an aura software error???
I'm using the new version of Aura

I have to send it to warranty service ? pls help:(

fplaruccia
Level 7
Guys any one having OLED issues? I just finished my build and the OLED on my Zenith Extreme X399 is not working. No sign of life... Any ideas? I dont have the OS installed yet...

fplaruccia wrote:
Guys any one having OLED issues? I just finished my build and the OLED on my Zenith Extreme X399 is not working. No sign of life... Any ideas? I dont have the OS installed yet...

Mine still does not work after updating and so on....

I would suggest making sure the that it is plugged into the motherboard. That is the only thing left for me to try, YMMV...

caknuckles wrote:
Mine still does not work after updating and so on....

I would suggest making sure the that it is plugged into the motherboard. That is the only thing left for me to try, YMMV...

Well iv tried that 😕 and mine is correctly installed... Im afraid ill have to send it back 😕

fplaruccia wrote:
Well iv tried that 😕 and mine is correctly installed... Im afraid ill have to send it back 😕

My original Zenith board it worked fine. I had to RMA the board for bent pins, they sent me a different board which the screen never worked. I don't really care and kept the board.

So I have not aggressively looked for any changes to the problem lately, but I doubt there is.