cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvme Raid, Win 1703, blue screen on installing driver

Philipp_H
Level 7
Hi
I’m putting together a build on a zenith extreme, 1950x, two Samsung 960 Pro in Raid 1, four Samsung 850 Pro in Raid 10. Bios version is 0801 (0804 does not show the option to enable nvme raid). I was able to configure the raid volumes and install Windows version 1703. However then in Windows I am not able to install the corresponding Windows 10 Raid driver (AMD AHCI compatible raid driver, 9.0.0.00088) and also not the AMD RAIDXpert2 Utility (9.0.0.00088). When I try to install, I always get a blue screen. Installing the RAIDXpert2 Utility on its own seems not to be possible.

Additionally, when doing a restart, the system hangs. I have to do a manual reset. This was already the case during the Windows installation.

I used this explanation for the installation and downloaded the drivers from here.

So how can I install the RAIDXpert2 Utility and what do I have to fix/change in the bios to allow the PC to do a normal reboot.

Thanks for any advice.
Philipp
2 REPLIES 2

Philipp_H
Level 7
Part of the problem I could fix myself. Installing the chipset tools will install the driver and RAIDXpert2. Installing the driver a second time in this way, will cause a bluescreen. I was able to install RAIDXpert2 separatly. This worked.

However the problem with the workstation not being able to do a normal reboot (it hangs on reboot) still remains. Additionally hibernation seems not to work. Waking from hibernation or energy saveing will also bluescreen.

silentninja
Level 7
Philipp_H wrote:
Hi
I’m putting together a build on a zenith extreme, 1950x, two Samsung 960 Pro in Raid 1, four Samsung 850 Pro in Raid 10. Bios version is 0801 (0804 does not show the option to enable nvme raid). I was able to configure the raid volumes and install Windows version 1703. However then in Windows I am not able to install the corresponding Windows 10 Raid driver (AMD AHCI compatible raid driver, 9.0.0.00088) and also not the AMD RAIDXpert2 Utility (9.0.0.00088). When I try to install, I always get a blue screen. Installing the RAIDXpert2 Utility on its own seems not to be possible.

Additionally, when doing a restart, the system hangs. I have to do a manual reset. This was already the case during the Windows installation.

I used this explanation for the installation and downloaded the drivers from here.

So how can I install the RAIDXpert2 Utility and what do I have to fix/change in the bios to allow the PC to do a normal reboot.

Thanks for any advice.
Philipp
Did you getting it working yet?