cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Post with Raid Controller Card / addon PCIe

CaptainFist
Level 7
Hi,

The board don´t boot with my LSI 9650SE ML16 card, no matter wich slot i use.
Error Message CODE: 07 NVRAM

Edit: now it is CODE:92 Test NVRAM

With my Intel 4port lan card the same.

:confused:

Sorry for Bad English i am from Germany...
31 REPLIES 31

Anything new from RAJA@ASUS ?

Sitting here with the 599€ Mainboard and a Bios with a Stability that feels like pre Alpha

Not sure if this helps. I had the NVRAM 07/94 code error for days on bios 701 and 801. I finally gave up and dismantled my hard tubing water cooling system and removed my amd Rx Vega gpu to the first slot PCI-E 16. I have a VGA raiser cable for the GPU but it wasn’t long enough for the first PCI-E slot so I used the second PCI-E 16 slot. No more code errors after that. Not sure if it’s a faulty raiser cable or the fact that the MB requires you to have the GPU in the first slot. Regardless, if your using any kind of hardware that’s having issues other than the first PCI-E lane, I would look into it.

The board don´t like Riser Cables and any other addons exept Graphicards, the 10g Ethernet or some USB 3 cards .

I have tried all slots for the Raidcontroller card.

No Luck the i am buying this to have a nice Workstation full of adoncards and now i have a buggy crap system... for 2000€

Anyone tested pcie Addoncards on new Bios 901?

Is it possible that new Agesa 1.0.0.4 can fix the issue ?

CaptainFist wrote:
Anyone tested pcie Addoncards on new Bios 901?

Is it possible that new Agesa 1.0.0.4 can fix the issue ?

Raid controller don´t work with 901

still error code 92
NVRam

Take pictures as you install the RAID. I want to see.
I've got reid in 901 but the problem was that after two days is always the cpu fan has gone crazy...

OLD

NEW

Dimitrios1971 wrote:
Take pictures as you install the RAID. I want to see.
I've got reid in 901 but the problem was that after two days is always the cpu fan has gone crazy...

I am talking about an addon card Raid Controller not nvme raid or onboard....

ok I missed it..

OLD

NEW

lightknightrr
Level 7
Uh, hi guys, I have the 9361-8i, and it's working for me (was a PITA to install as usual, but that comes with the territory). Latest (800) bios for Xenith, latest firmware on the 9361-8i, install without using the Intel SAS expander (if you have one), using Windows 2016 Standard.

Now, the various Ethernet controllers, they are a mess (can't find the Intel one even with the latest Ethernet Adapters CD), and something is missing from the Bluetooth and WiFi (like it's installed, but there are additional devices that need drivers...). Aside from that it's stable, running at 2666Mhz at the moment (had it at 29--Mhz, but I'm thinking a thermal issue slowly made it unstable).

The final trick to getting the RAID-1 (for the OS) to work (aside from giving Windows the driver on a USB stick, it needs that; and setting it as a boot device in the RAID bios) was resetting the actual RAID-1, so they'd be in sync (I mean, I had done it way earlier before, but Windows was throwing me out of Windows setup, which eventually reminded me that that happens when the two are not perfectly in sync).

Oh, and just because it was getting egg-cooking hot, I've put a fan (NoiseBlocker) near the heatsink, so it cools down some.

My video card is plugged into the second PCIe 3.0 slot (thank you Noctua), and the RAID card into the third PCIe 3.0 slot.

I mean, it is a 3.0 card, might as well, take advantage of that.