cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Post with Raid Controller Card / addon PCIe

CaptainFist
Level 7
Hi,

The board don´t boot with my LSI 9650SE ML16 card, no matter wich slot i use.
Error Message CODE: 07 NVRAM

Edit: now it is CODE:92 Test NVRAM

With my Intel 4port lan card the same.

:confused:

Sorry for Bad English i am from Germany...
31 REPLIES 31

CaptainFist wrote:
i have Tested Beta UEFI 603 still not POST.

For all with this Issue Please report it in the Bug Report Form.

I don´t understand why they fix an USB 3.0 addin card on a mainboard with so much usb3 onboard. :mad:

Probably because I posted a 1 star review on every major online retailer specifically noting that the model number that they fixed was broken among my other criticism. Magically, that was what finally got me a response from ASUS as well after being ignored for weeks.

uSB pci-e cards are important for people that use virtualization, as its the only way to have native USB ports on your VM. If you use the host ports, you have to pass each device through an emulation layer on a device-by-device basis (which has problems with certain types of devices), and you can't hotplug things like you'd normally be able to do.

CaptainFist wrote:
i have Tested Beta UEFI 603 still not POST.

For all with this Issue Please report it in the Bug Report Form.

I don´t understand why they fix an USB 3.0 addin card on a mainboard with so much usb3 onboard. :mad:

People running KVMs that want to give the whole card to a guest VM for hot plugging.

Well I have done some research that may be worth looking at for info.
Some modern systems have a dislike for these RAID cards.

https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/27724-solved-perc-h310-causing-system-not-to-boot/

However some tape fixes you right up.

CMDRSweeper wrote:
Well I have done some research that may be worth looking at for info.
Some modern systems have a dislike for these RAID cards.

https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/27724-solved-perc-h310-causing-system-not-to-boot/

However some tape fixes you right up.

Will be giving this a try. Thanks for sharing.

I tried covering B5/B6 with electrical tape like the post suggested, but so far no luck. Same issue. Would be curious to learn if others made this work?

kbedsted wrote:
Will be giving this a try. Thanks for sharing.

I tried covering B5/B6 with electrical tape like the post suggested, but so far no luck. Same issue. Would be curious to learn if others made this work?

Agree, it's a headscratcher. I filed the bug. Given how expensive this board is, I certainly hope that ASUS will come through and make the quality of this board live up to the premium they are charging for it.

Raja
Level 13
Reported for replication. Not sure if they have these cards in the test lab, or if this is on AMD's side.

Tried 0801 and it did not have an impact on the issue reported in this thread - with or without the tape!

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Reported for replication. Not sure if they have these cards in the test lab, or if this is on AMD's side.

Something new from the guys at the test Lab?

Too bad that the Board don´t support raid5 with AMD RaidExpert2 on the Sata Ports so i can bridge over the waiting time with this.