cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nahimic Service full of problems

akrovatis
Level 7
I had problem with fullscreen mode on a game. It was always on window mode and whenever I was trying to change the resolution it was freezing. I did a clean boot on windows and after disabling and enabling the services, that Nahimic Sercvice was causing the problem. After a quick search on internet I found out lots of complaints about this Nahimic Service. I wonder now what to do to delete it. Any ideas?
10 REPLIES 10

1mluer
Level 11
I didn't delete anything. I just went into task manager under startup, right clicked the 2 nahimic services and disabled them. my problem solved.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:
I didn't delete anything. I just went into task manager under startup, right clicked the 2 nahimic services and disabled them. my problem solved.

I want to have Normal Startup and not Selective Startup. I had to uninstall Realtek drivers that were been prompted by Asus Armoury Crate.
I searched the internet and found so many problems that NahimicService.exe causes. I wonder why Asus and Realtek still using this crap.
I paid 600€ for a motherboard that is causing so many problems to me. First it was Armoury Crate that I couldn't install properly, then the RGB Aura, which causes conflicts when iQue of Corsair is enabled. Not to mention stupid applications like Fan Expert. All are useless stuff that causing problems. Not a single good application on this motherboard.

akrovatis wrote:
I want to have Normal Startup and not Selective Startup. I had to uninstall Realtek drivers that were been prompted by Asus Armoury Crate.
I searched the internet and found so many problems that NahimicService.exe causes. I wonder why Asus and Realtek still using this crap.
I paid 600€ for a motherboard that is causing so many problems to me. First it was Armoury Crate that I couldn't install properly, then the RGB Aura, which causes conflicts when iQue of Corsair is enabled. Not to mention stupid applications like Fan Expert. All are useless stuff that causing problems. Not a single good application on this motherboard.

Haha, just read your post and I couldn't agree more! I tried some of their applications about a year ago and they were all just garbage with a horrible GUI skin! I think ASUS should continue with their hardware and stop working on software because that's where they are really annoying. I personally think the badly written software is hurting ASUS badly.

MoKiChU
Level 40
akrovatis wrote:
I had problem with fullscreen mode on a game. It was always on window mode and whenever I was trying to change the resolution it was freezing. I did a clean boot on windows and after disabling and enabling the services, that Nahimic Sercvice was causing the problem. After a quick search on internet I found out lots of complaints about this Nahimic Service. I wonder now what to do to delete it. Any ideas?

Hi,

Strictly follow the ROG SS3 tutorial/drivers here (FIRST INSTALL/CLEAN INSTALL, be careful not to forget what is in red which includes the A-Volute tools for cleaning the SS3 Extension drivers & NH3/SS3 APO SWC drivers as well as the SS3 & SR3 apps) : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD).

MoKiChU
Level 40
akrovatis wrote:

Hi,

Strictly follow the ROG SS3 tutorial/drivers here (FIRST INSTALL/CLEAN INSTALL, be careful not to forget what is in red) : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD).

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Strictly follow the ROG SS3 tutorial/drivers here (FIRST INSTALL/CLEAN INSTALL, be careful not to forget what is in red) : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD).

I tried It and downloaded the drivers that gave from MEGA. It didn't work. I had to uninstall Realtek drivers.
Now my system runs fine without this NahimicService.exe file.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Not sure if this'll help, but in my case Nahimic Service was asking for permission on startup twice--which was annoying. Now whether or not this had to do with Armoury Crate failing to do much functionally at all, but that was my guess. To solve the problem (and remove junk that didn't work in the first place in any way) uninstalling Armoury Crate, and kissing it goodbye and good riddance solved the problem.

Stejo
Level 7
akrovatis wrote:

Yea, nahimic is practically malware. Thankfully it's completely useless, as it only affects the equally useless Sonic Studio and Radar, so you can simply disable the service and you're done.

This program is problematic, when the service is running or when I have it enabled upon start up; all I get is countless memory errors. Immediately when it's disabled these error disappear, but how do I remove this program from running ?

I read that it's a virus, other say it's an audio related device driver.