cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My zenith can't POST

Bellsnow
Level 7
Hello, Is there someone who knows what's going on my rig?

*symptom
*- the rig retries boot showing "code: C0 detect memory" on OLED panel.
*- After code:C0 happens, "CPU" is shown *in an instant, rig shuts down and turns on.

parts what I use
*- X399 zenith extreme
*- G skill tridentz 32gb(2*16) 3200Mhz Cl14
*- threadripper 1950x
*- Antec HCP-1000
*- Rog strix 1080ti O11g

what I did
*- To check CPU pins and install CPU again.
*- To insert only one of my DDR4. All of my memory gives no improvement
*- Bios update and cmos reset have been done.
*- I got samsung 8gb ram from my friends and it worked...! it made boot processed to next step.

what's problem on my rig? i think the key is memory contorller on CPU but not certainly.
Please answer, please. it my first rig on my life.*
28 REPLIES 28

haihane wrote:
i'd like to think i'm especially sensitive to tones and infer the intent someone has when saying certain things, and i can tell you that i feel no malice in the earlier guy's message to you. (i don't think he is out to be mean to you.)

would you be willing to attach some pictures of the insides of your pc (motherboard view)? in hopes that we might be able to see something that could lead to the source of the problem.

I'm not good at English so I can't distinguish nervous words.
But I'm very appreciate everyone who replies my problem, including him...!

68675*
68676*

New CPU is coming. what do I make mistake..?

haihane
Level 13
why is that cover still there? did you install the threadripper yet?
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
why is that cover still there? did you install the threadripper yet?

I requested cpu to be exchanged as I said above.
So New one hasn't been in my hand.
Of course, I installed cpu to mobo earlier and problem happened.

Are you sure, that you are using the right memory slots. I don't have that board but the manual shows different slots. You are using A1 and B2, but the Manual shows C1 and A1 for dual memory.

Follo wrote:
Are you sure, that you are using the right memory slots. I don't have that board but the manual shows different slots. You are using A1 and B2, but the Manual shows C1 and A1 for dual memory.

Oh..! I'm using A1 and B1 but C1 and A1 should be uesd as you show.
But.. I can't understand why same problem happens when I use only one memory stick on A1.

I have 2 sets of 32gb(2x16) and each of all four sticks make same reboot problem, "code:C0 memory detect".*

Thank you for your advice. I miss it.

Sorry, couldn't see it right on the picture. Cann you post your exact memory (the code after the name)? Is your memory on the compatibility list of this board? I heard that Threadripper has problems when it's not a real dual or Quad Kit. So, when you use 4 sticks it has to be a real quad kit and when you use 2 sticks a real dual kit. It can also be that you CPU has an error. Was it easy for to install the cpu or have used a lot of pressure. Maybe you can try it without the Gpu and or cpu, just to check the error codes.

Try to Reset the bios or the safe boot button. Which LED beside 24 pin connector is glowing? Is the CPU LED in the midle part of the board glowing?So you can't even go into bios (uefi), or?

And do you have 8 Pin power plugs connected? Molex (EZ-Plug) is just for more Power on the PCIe Lanes when you have single gpu you don't need it. Just proof themm (Do not put the GPU Power in there.

And why is you graphic card not in the first PCIe slot. Put it in the first one and connect power to the gpu. Try it without the 10GB LAN card.

And you can try the Bios Flashback feature to upgrade to beta bios (manual 2-12).

Follo wrote:
Sorry, couldn't see it right on the picture. Cann you post your exact memory (the code after the name)? Is your memory on the compatibility list of this board? I heard that Threadripper has problems when it's not a real dual or Quad Kit. So, when you use 4 sticks it has to be a real quad kit and when you use 2 sticks a real dual kit.

This is not correct.
Dual / Quad kits is only a convenience for the buyer, that all sticks are identical.
There is usually not any problem to combine two Dual-kits to run Quad, as long as there is no major differences such as Samsung + Hynix instead of all sticks Samsung. Two diffenrent fabricators would make them hard to overclock.

Ljugtomten wrote:
This is not correct.
Dual / Quad kits is only a convenience for the buyer, that all sticks are identical.
There is usually not any problem to combine two Dual-kits to run Quad, as long as there is no major differences such as Samsung + Hynix instead of all sticks Samsung. Two diffenrent fabricators would make them hard to overclock.

That's right, thx. I know that the sticks are pre-selected to match each other. But you have to say that it's better to buy a kit because there is a chance that mixed kit don't work that good. But do you have any suggestions to help him, I mean you are a ROG Enthusiast?

Follo wrote:
Sorry, couldn't see it right on the picture. Cann you post your exact memory (the code after the name)? Is your memory on the compatibility list of this board? I heard that Threadripper has problems when it's not a real dual or Quad Kit. So, when you use 4 sticks it has to be a real quad kit and when you use 2 sticks a real dual kit. It can also be that you CPU has an error. Was it easy for to install the cpu or have used a lot of pressure. Maybe you can try it without the Gpu and or cpu, just to check the error codes.

Try to Reset the bios or the safe boot button. Which LED beside 24 pin connector is glowing? What says the OLED Display. So you can't even go into bios (uefi), or?

And do you have 8 Pin power plugs connected? Molex (EZ-Plug) is just for more Power on the PCIe Lanes when you have single gpu you don't need it.

My memories is not in QVL of zenith. But I think it will be compatible.
I have gskill trident z 32gb(2x16) 3200Mhz CL14, dual memory.

I had to use a lot of pressure to install cpu because torx was like axx..

Of course I did bios update(0801), safe boot. Memory LED was lightened persistantly before rig went to reboot.
OLED panel showed "Memory" -> "code:C0 detect memory" -> "CPU"(short time like flash) and rig went to reboot.
I can't go into bios totally and it is frustrating.

8pin connectors are plugged as photo I uploaded.
molex is connected even though I use only one GPU. Should I take it off for my system?

Can you go into bios again, without GPU and 10GB Card when you hit safe bios button?