cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 Nvme - cannot use even with latest 0801 beta bios

peconi
Level 7
Howdy,

From my previous build I have 3 x Intel 750 1.2TB NVME PCI-X SSDs I'd like to use on my new TR build.

When I install them into PCI slots (w/ 1 GPU in top x16 slot) - the BIOS sees them just fine (they appear and I can read their details), however, even after following 4 different guides on how to enable NVME RAID - I cannot see these drives in Windows Installer (of course after loading latest NVME drivers), nor in an already installed system (on 2.5" Intel DC S3619 SSD).

Even when I remove the SATA SSD, and leave just NVME drives, when I go to RAID setup under BIOS, the Create and Manage RAID options are grayed out.

So - no way to add them to any RAID, and no way to even get the to just simply show up in Windows as themselves (without going to RAID controller or anything).

I find the latter a bit more confusing, as these are just PCI-X cards, they show up under just about any and every motherboard I ever had.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Ideally, I'd love to use it in an NVME RAID, but if not - even just getting them to show up in Windows as normal drives would be fine.

Thanks in advance!

P.
1 REPLY 1

IM3CPO
Level 7
I have gotten Intel NVME 750's to RAID using a 1950X and Zenith Extreme with the 0801 UEFI. You need to turn on RAID (which you look to have already done). When you back out of that screen, you need to go all the way down to the bottom to RAIDXpert2 Configuration Utility (which only appears once RAID is enabled). Once in there, you should be able to see your 750's and set them up into an array.

When you start your windows installation, you are going to need to do a Have Disk option and point it to the AMD RAID drivers (Make sure you have the version that is specific to the UEFI RAID BIOS/UEFI). Then you need to do Have Disk AGAIN, and point it to the RAID driver a second time. It will now find another portion it needs. Once thats installed, your array will be available to install to.