cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'fan smoothing' option in BIOS

eco_bach
Level 7
Just spent the past hour looking for the manual entry options for my fans. Where exactly in the BIOS is this located? I'm running the latest 'official, 804 BIOS.
4 REPLIES 4

JHR1979
Level 7
It should be under fan monitor / q-fan. Cannot check now tho, at work and the mobo is at home.

gupsterg
Level 13
eco_bach wrote:
Just spent the past hour looking for the manual entry options for my fans. Where exactly in the BIOS is this located? I'm running the latest 'official, 804 BIOS.

View this.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

masterac
Level 8
this thing is also a nightmare, if you do it manualy, an keep the fan seeting in manual, once you boot again the pc and you want to continue tweaking the fan, you have to do fan test again to have acces to the curve of the fan, if you do it without, the curve of the fan you are tweaking will go back to a automatic setting...which is really really stupid.

it also mean that each time you want to tweak the fan because of noise and spee, remember to write down what you have in front of you, since once you redo the test, the curve of those fan will be back to previous automatic,

1st post and its to report a problem 😞

X399-A Prime - latest BIOS.. the fan control smoothing is definitely broken. With a mild overclock my temps seem to spike up and down and the fans likewise. No amount of playing with smoothing times makes a bit of difference.

Had to take OC off just to make the thing quiet again. Defeats the object of allowing OC in BIOS if the fan control is broken 😞