cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cases for this board.

Yockeren
Level 7
As we all know this is a huge motherboard and dosent fit well into many cases.
I was thinking we should make a thread listing the different cases that the motherboard fits into.

So far the only case i know that it fits into is the Corsair Air 540.
Anyone know any other?
23 REPLIES 23

brigadier2472
Level 7
Yockeren wrote:
As we all know this is a huge motherboard and dosent fit well into many cases.
I was thinking we should make a thread listing the different cases that the motherboard fits into.

So far the only case i know that it fits into is the Corsair Air 540.
Anyone know any other?

The air flow on the 540 is phenomenal 🙂

brigadier2472 wrote:
The air flow on the 540 is phenomenal 🙂

Yeah and thanks to that it is funnily the most quiet case i have had (and i have had quite a few)

I wonder though if the motherboard will fit in a Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S, i kinda like the looks of that case.

Korth
Level 14
Intel defines standard ATX form-factor, a "full-size" ATX mobo measures 12.0" wide by 9.6" deep.
Intel defines standard EATX form-factor, a "standard" EATX mobo measures 12.0" wide by 13.0" deep. Like all ATX-based standards, it defines exact dimensions and placements of slots and mounting screws and electrical interfaces and such stuff to assure compatibility with ATX-based PC chassis/hardware.

But Intel's EATX standard is somewhat new and enterprise-oriented while mobo makers have been offering "EATX" (bigger than ATX) consumer mobos for years, so an "EATX" consumer mobo commonly means that it's 12.0" wide by (usually) around 10"~11" deep. "EATX" mobos (of any kind) aren't "taller" or "longer" in terms of being able to provide more physical card slots (full ATX already does that), they are "wider" or "deeper" in terms of occupying more space towards the "front" of a typical PC tower (which is traditionally filled with drive bays).

ASUS ZENITH EXTREME X399 motherboard dimensions are 12.0" x 10.9" - a little on the large side.
Most PC chassis which advertise "EATX" compatibility will specify the maximum dimension they can accommodate (commonly around 11" unless the drive bays/cages are removed). Note that the maximum mobo "depth" dimension is almost always similar to maximum GPU card length, unless the chassis has an unusually crowded interior design.

My Corsair Obsidian 750D cases can easily mount that mobo (along with drive cages and multiple rads) with space to spare.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Fits fine in the Corsair 750D but I would recommend removing the cable grommets. Otherwise the board flexes a little since the backplate sits against the edge of the grommets and doesn't lay fully flat.

StoneCold5201
Level 7
Coolermaster 932? I'm not sure if it fits, but I love this case. I can't imagine it not fitting, this case is huge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

P5 works, but you have to be creative with the cables, and remove the rubber grommets.
If you want the tempered glass ed , you also have to remove the inside top left tempered glass mount, cause of the motherboard shield and the vrm heatsink cover.
This is not a problem with the standard Core p5.
Mine is now wall mounted with a tv vesa mount. :cool:

My first hardline loop 😛 (not complete yet)
E

gupsterg
Level 13
Thanks 🙂 .

I too have kept a ODD until recently when did this build 🙂 . I have found ODD handy for some things, but more and more it just stayed in last build as redundant item 😮 .

Besides 5.25" bays allowing ODD I guess there are plenty that use them for bay res, fan controllers, etc.

I used use a Akasa AK-FC-03 up until ~2015. After that as I went PWM fans and the mobo I had (an Asus one) had sweet options to control fans I saw no point in using the controller any more.

I also had an Asus Front Base panel bundled with the M7R I owned, again not useful to me. The only other thing I have used 5.25" bays for in past few years was to mount the Fury X AIO rad. Now having gone full custom water loop I can't see me going for GPU with AIO again.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

Just installed the mobo into Coolermaster Cosmos II, looks small in it. Yeah, granted, the zenith is nowhere near the max dimensions of the e-atx spec.

JHR1979 wrote:
Just installed the mobo into Coolermaster Cosmos II, looks small in it. Yeah, granted, the zenith is nowhere near the max dimensions of the e-atx spec.

This is the board in a Coolermaster HAF-X