cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cases for this board.

Yockeren
Level 7
As we all know this is a huge motherboard and dosent fit well into many cases.
I was thinking we should make a thread listing the different cases that the motherboard fits into.

So far the only case i know that it fits into is the Corsair Air 540.
Anyone know any other?
23 REPLIES 23

gupsterg
Level 13
On the Be Quiet Dark Base 900 the mobo stand off's are just right to allow mobo backblate 😮 , link to photo. For me without removing the cable management grommets on DB9 mobo would not lay flat 😮 . Photo of non backplate area clearance, link.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

Thermaltake P5 without rubber grommets works fine.

P5 works, but you have to be creative with the cables, and remove the rubber grommets.
You also have to remove the inside top left tempered glass mount, cause of the motherboard shield and the vrm heatsink cover.. Not a problem with the standard Core p5. Mine is now wall mounted with a tv vesa mount. :cool:
E

dayjob
Level 9
I have used the Thermaltake View 71 (https://www.microcenter.com/product/482932/thermaltake-view-71-rgb-atx-full-tower-computer-case---bl...) and the Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL (https://www.microcenter.com/product/610637/lian-li-o11-dynamic-xl-rog-eatx-mid-tower-computer-case--...) and I prefer the Lian Li by far.

The view 71 requires you remove the rubber grommits. It also just has very odd placement of things such as the PSU and cable management even in this large beast is tough. Also very very heavy.

The Lian Li is way smaller but is better at everything, especially cable managament. Temps are better due to being smaller (less fans closer to parts = more air movement where you want).

Pics of the Lian Li case build: 85449