cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Install Windows 10 on Zenith II Extreme Alpha

FX45Guy
Level 7
memtest86 runs fine from a USB drive. I can boot into BIOS just fine and stay in it all day.
Everything is stock speeds and DRAM is running at 2133 not using XMP profile.

Windows 10 setup was made with Rufus with the latest ISO downloaded from Microsoft.
USB stick in back I/O panel, front panel 3.0 ports. I don't have any 2.0 ports to try it in.

Zenith II Extreme Alpha
3960x
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 4x 8GB @ 3600MHz
2x ROG RTX 2080 Super Advanced (Slots 1 and 3)
2x Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB in the NVMe DIMM

I get a ROG symbol on the black background, then the blue Windows 10 Recovery screen.
Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. Error code: 0xc0000001

I can press Return to try again, press F8 for startup settings, etc.
The computer is clearly alive and working.

I tried disabling IOMMU and Wireless/BT in the BIOS.
Other than that, the only other thing I changed in the BIOS was UEFI Boot OS to Windows from Other.

HELP!!!!!! It shouldn't be this hard...
4 REPLIES 4

chemcup
Level 7
Try to create windows instulation USB using Microsoft tool.

raju2529
Level 7
if possible , disbale uefi mode and disable secure boot, enable CSM mode . use rufus software keep bios type only , not uefi.

if possible record a video via mobile and upload video in google drive , starts from making usb bootbale pendrive , and installing windows 10 on your machine .

windows 10 can be installed another special method by using windows 10 PE bootable disk. it needs only install.wim file .

i have much experience in installing windows above methiod , where the normal method fails
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

FX45Guy
Level 7
I got it working last night. It's either one of two things...

I updated to the latest BIOS and enabled CSM. I suspect it's the CSM that did it.

Thanks!

Did you installed windows 10 . Please free to ask any help in this regard.
Make sure you must install DCH based graphics driver from nvidia or amd
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754