cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios doesn't detect ROG Gigabit Ethernet card

BigJob
Level 10
Trying to update BIOS using the Bios here (asus Bios Ez update thing) but the bios doesn't detect the gigabit pci-e card, it detects the on board mobo's lan port just fine however... Is it just me?
7 REPLIES 7

Ljugtomten
Level 9
..yes? 🙂
I have used the 10GBE PCI-E card since day one and also performed multiple successful PXE-boots to redeploy OS from my WDS server.

Does anything show up in your OS?
For Windows, you need to install the driver from ASUS for the the card to be recognized.

FlyingBear
Level 7
FYI, I've found the Asus driver to be not so great: the card stops working after a day or two and has to be power cycled i.e. shutting down the PC and turning off the standby power. The driver on the Aquantia site appears to work much better.

FlyingBear wrote:
FYI, I've found the Asus driver to be not so great: the card stops working after a day or two and has to be power cycled i.e. shutting down the PC and turning off the standby power. The driver on the Aquantia site appears to work much better.

Gief URL? 🙂

Honestly, I have never had that problem as I shut down the computer each night.
This morning however, I had no link to my switch (10GBE on a TP-Link JetStream) but that may very well be the switch needing a reboot (it is showing other problems indicating that such as no access to management over HTTP/SSH)
Link came up after disconnecting and reconnecting the TP-cable.

Ljugtomten wrote:
Gief URL? 🙂

Honestly, I have never had that problem as I shut down the computer each night.
This morning however, I had no link to my switch (10GBE on a TP-Link JetStream) but that may very well be the switch needing a reboot (it is showing other problems indicating that such as no access to management over HTTP/SSH)
Link came up after disconnecting and reconnecting the TP-cable.

The problem I experienced seemed to arise after a few days of power-on. The drivers are at https://www.aquantia.com/support/driver-download/. The ROG card is an AQC107 chipset, so please select that driver. It seems to work very well; I've only been using it for a few days.

Cory29
Level 7
I have had some strange things happen with it too

maybe windows tried to install its own driver like it dose with everything else

usually reinstalling the driver and restarting fixes any weirdness i have

but if you have no lights and your board cant see it maybe it died 😞

BigJob
Level 10
It works in Windows fine, just doesn't pop up in BIOS while trying to update to the latest BIOS.

I have to update the BIOS the primeval way now, you know... via a usb...

Ljugtomten
Level 9
Never tried network update of BIOS/UEFI within BIOS and most probably never will.
I prefer to store all versions locally 🙂

No real need for USB unless you use BIOS Flashback, when updating within the BIOS it can also read from NTFS formatted drives 🙂