Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
New BIOS out for ZE

"1 Improve ezflash functionality
2 Improve memory stability"

12 REPLIES 12

henri71
Level 7
I upgraded to bios 2001 a few days ago. After that I stated having strange computer crashes. The monitor would suddenly not get a signal and went into power-save mode. Pressing the num-lock or caps lock wouldn't change the corresponding led light on/off - seemed like totally jammed. For some odd reason the yellow HDD led (on the motherboard) would blink, like the computer was still running. This happened every few hours or so.

I rolled back to bios 1901, and my troubles went away. I changed the "global c-states" setting to disabled as well as disabled the core performance boost. These settings had eliminated crashes on prior bios versions. I don't know if there's yet another magical setting that eliminates crashes on bios 2001, but for now I'm stuck on 1901. Hopefully this is fixed in the next bios release.

I'd like my system to be stable without becoming a bios expert.

I'm running seti@home/BOINC on my computer. It's a distributed computing project which uses close to 100% CPU & GPU. Maybe this is why not everyone has the problems appear. I strongly feel that there's something wrong with the version 2001 bios.

On the link below you can find my pc-specs and discussion about running seti@home with the zenith extreme motherboard.

https://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_thread.php?id=83828#1976572

Maybe I just lucked out, but I was having issues after updating to 2001. Lockups in the UEFI, heat issues, etc. Tried defaults, clearing cmos via battery, nothing.

I had to replace the fans on my aio cooler, so I physically unplugged my PSU and disconnected the 8pin power cables from the Mobo (because they were in the way to a couple of screws.

After leaving it without any power for repairs for about 10 min, it came right up and my issues were gone.

Not sure if it was a fluke, but it may be worth a shot.

ninjamonkey1982 wrote:
Maybe I just lucked out, but I was having issues after updating to 2001. Lockups in the UEFI, heat issues, etc. Tried defaults, clearing cmos via battery, nothing.

I had to replace the fans on my aio cooler, so I physically unplugged my PSU and disconnected the 8pin power cables from the Mobo (because they were in the way to a couple of screws.

After leaving it without any power for repairs for about 10 min, it came right up and my issues were gone.

Not sure if it was a fluke, but it may be worth a shot.

How is the system doing now after some time? Any perceived benefits? I tried once to flash it on the second bios which was stable on previous bios version, but nothing I did got me past the boot lockup. I am afraid to go to 2001 unless there is a reason. The system has finally been stable for longer then 2 weeks for me and doing anything makes me nervous but I would love to someday get above 2933 on ram speed (which I have the hardware for).