cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Zenith II Extreme TRX40

Vlada011
Level 10
Beutifull motherboard.
Heatsink Cover is from Aluminum and that's very good material after copper for heatsink.
More aluminium less carbon steel is always recommended.

Zenith II encourage enthusiasts to enter in world of Threadripper, even if they like Intel.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-Zenith-II-Extreme/

Silver part of shield is amzing. I like that detail very much.
My favorite combination for PC hardware is black-silver.
Previous motherboards for Threadripper 1 and 2 are excellent, really no objections...
but Zenith II is best moment for AMD Processors.
Perfect board for people to switch on AMD.

Usually I spent all day looking on motherboard details before installation.
Later when everything is inside case it's time for examination of box and rest of accessories.

37 REPLIES 37

macmus wrote:
Same issues are propagated to Asus Zenith Extreme II Alpha.. this bios of them needs a serious rework.

Unsurprising as Alpha version is basically the same card with better VRM

ASUS support is still unhelpful on these FAN control issues

What a crock that ASUS is limiting memory to "stock" speed on 3990X on all boards except the Alpha. Incompetence at its best by ASUS once again lately.

This review show being tested with 3990X at 3600 MHz RAM. He has a Beta BIOS 0021. Anyone know where to get it?
https://techgage.com/article/amd-ryzen-threadripper-3990x-workstation-review/2/

bluestang wrote:
What a crock that ASUS is limiting memory to "stock" speed on 3990X on all boards except the Alpha. Incompetence at its best by ASUS once again lately.

This review show being tested with 3990X at 3600 MHz RAM. He has a Beta BIOS 0021. Anyone know where to get it?
https://techgage.com/article/amd-ryzen-threadripper-3990x-workstation-review/2/

I have contacted ASUS for this memory problem they answered me that I should buy the Alpha because this board doesn’t support CPU and memory overclocking. I am sure 100% now that ASUS deliberately crippled the BIOS to force us to buy the Alpha if we want to upgrade to the 3990x.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I just got my very own...it's crazy high quality...it has it's own gravitational field the sheer quality weight!....

The ROG multi tip screwdriver!...If I'd known it came with that I'd have got one sooner...

Will be testing 24 32 and 64 core when that comes out...PCIe 4.0 too...the future is here

chemcup
Level 7
I just bought this motherboard and the 3990x. I have a problem with it that when enable the D.O.C.P or change the ram voltage it will fail to post it post in the safe mode
Any idea what to do to fix it?

chemcup wrote:
I just bought this motherboard and the 3990x. I have a problem with it that when enable the D.O.C.P or change the ram voltage it will fail to post it post in the safe mode
Any idea what to do to fix it?

The ZIIE only supports default RAM settings...i.e. F5 defaults with the 3990X

Don't ask me why....

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
The ZIIE only supports default RAM settings...i.e. F5 defaults with the 3990X

Don't ask me why....

Ok but why when I change the voltage of the Ram from Auto to any value this happens not when I change the memory frequency

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Stock means stock...i.e. 1.2v and 2133 and jdec timings...

at 1.2v I have had success running 3000 and 3200MHz memory...at jdec timings...

Again don't ask me why....just stating current state of play...