cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Zenith II Extreme TRX40

Vlada011
Level 10
Beutifull motherboard.
Heatsink Cover is from Aluminum and that's very good material after copper for heatsink.
More aluminium less carbon steel is always recommended.

Zenith II encourage enthusiasts to enter in world of Threadripper, even if they like Intel.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-Zenith-II-Extreme/

Silver part of shield is amzing. I like that detail very much.
My favorite combination for PC hardware is black-silver.
Previous motherboards for Threadripper 1 and 2 are excellent, really no objections...
but Zenith II is best moment for AMD Processors.
Perfect board for people to switch on AMD.

Usually I spent all day looking on motherboard details before installation.
Later when everything is inside case it's time for examination of box and rest of accessories.

37 REPLIES 37

IvoSilva
Level 7
Nothing missing from the cpu holder, that I did check as it was orange :). I'll try to get a better picture of it later today when I get home.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Try and scrape it off...maybe it's stopping ILM closing right?

IvoSilva
Level 7
Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Try and scrape it off...maybe it's stopping ILM closing right?

Some extra shots:

Whatever it is, it's stuck / glued on quite hard. Not able to scrape it and I don't want to use any tools what could leave marks or whatever and have warranty / return denied for something I'm not at fault. This is a poor quality check and for a an item priced like this it's not acceptable.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah...can understand not wanting to hack at it...

But I'd have a go with something plastic...or a soldering iron myself...but that's just me...

If you're sending it back I wouldn't bother

@Baze_Geo...yes 6pin PCIe power connector

IvoSilva
Level 7
And it's not my own hardware, I'm just helping a friend out.

I'm building a TRX40 system for myself, it's not going to be an Asus BOARD because of the issues I had with the first Gen Zenith. This situation is not helping me change my mind lol.

My friend instructed me to send the board back to Amazon and request I change it for MSI or Gigabyte and so it shall be.

IvoSilva wrote:
And it's not my own hardware, I'm just helping a friend out.

I'm building a TRX40 system for myself, it's not going to be an Asus BOARD because of the issues I had with the first Gen Zenith. This situation is not helping me change my mind lol.

My friend instructed me to send the board back to Amazon and request I change it for MSI or Gigabyte and so it shall be.

I get the same error code C6 with ASUS ROG STRIX TRX40-E. I have sent it back, and now waiting for the shop to show it to Asus next week.
I will never buy Asus again, their service support doesn't reply to my email even after a week. Moving to Msi and Gigabyte.
Please post here more details on your motherboard return.
I shall do the same.

Ksheltarna wrote:
I get the same error code C6 with ASUS ROG STRIX TRX40-E. I have sent it back, and now waiting for the shop to show it to Asus next week.
I will never buy Asus again, their service support doesn't reply to my email even after a week. Moving to Msi and Gigabyte.
Please post here more details on your motherboard return.
I shall do the same.

I purchased from Amazon EU, so it's completely hassle free. I was refunded as soon as they got it no questions asked.

It's the main reason why I only use Amazon for certain items that I know can be problematic, I have no time deal with small vendors or manufacturers and its representatives.

I have both Zenith X399 Alpha and TRX40.
In both cases I use expansion fan card.

In case of X399 Fan card is detected properly in bios and OS, but in case of TRX40 it's only detected under OS..

I tried different bioses... reset the bios.. pull the battery etc.. nothing retrigger expansion card to be detected?

This motherboard has 2 major issues with cpu and case FAN control

1/
This motherboard has FAN Spin Up/Down delay setting issues.
Fan speed is constantly changing... this rapid variation creates extra noise...
Just opening Chrome will make your fans spin faster immediately for few seconds.
FAN Spin Up/Down delay settings are available in BIOS and FanExpert but it don't work in NEITHER.

Reported in
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?116099-ROG-Zenith-II-Extreme-Fan-Xpert-4-issue-and-BIOS&p=...
and
Support case E2001041256 (opened early Jan - still no useful feedback)

2/
As reported by macmus and myself
Fan Extension Card II is not configurable from BIOS, only accessible in Windows through FanXpert.
This same card is accessible and configurable in BIOS on other ASUS motherboards.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?116435-Asus-Zenith-II-TR40-Fan-Expanion-Card-detected-in-W...

@ASUS representatives in this Forum could you take these 2 issues seriously please?
These are 2 major flaws in this high end card that can be fixed with a simple BIOS/Software update

gontch wrote:
This motherboard has 2 major issues with cpu and case FAN control

1/
This motherboard has FAN Spin Up/Down delay setting issues.
Fan speed is constantly changing... this rapid variation creates extra noise...
Just opening Chrome will make your fans spin faster immediately for few seconds.
FAN Spin Up/Down delay settings are available in BIOS and FanExpert but it don't work in NEITHER.

Reported in
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?116099-ROG-Zenith-II-Extreme-Fan-Xpert-4-issue-and-BIOS&p=...
and
Support case E2001041256 (opened early Jan - still no useful feedback)

2/
As reported by macmus and myself
Fan Extension Card II is not configurable from BIOS, only accessible in Windows through FanXpert.
This same card is accessible and configurable in BIOS on other ASUS motherboards.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?116435-Asus-Zenith-II-TR40-Fan-Expanion-Card-detected-in-W...

@ASUS representatives in this Forum could you take these 2 issues seriously please?
These are 2 major flaws in this high end card that can be fixed with a simple BIOS/Software update

Same issues are propagated to Asus Zenith Extreme II Alpha.. this bios of them needs a serious rework.