cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenith Extreme X399 wont wake up from slepping mode! Pleaseee HELP!

Jesse92
Level 7
Hi guys , I got issue with Zenith Extreme. When i want to restart it from sleeping mode, i click on keyboard it wakes up but on led it shows error ERROR CODE 30: CHECK CPU. I did research about that error and found out that its normal because it is how it should be as it wakes up from sleeping mode but in my case its just stuck and LED lights near to RAM sticks do not light out, keyboard is working and also mouse too but sometimes when i click to enter 2 times it passes that error and LED lights work and it shows on panel that it passed everything like cpu, vga, hdd but its not always passing through this error in sleeping mode and i switch off the power. Beside that when it wakes up within that error, fans works and liquid cooling also works, just as i told you that LED lights like DRAM CPU lights do not work. So sorry for difficult explanation of my problem. Beside that when i do cold boot or normal boot, everything works perfectly fine, just issue persist when it gets into sleeping mode with that error code, otherwise it works perfectly fine. I do get new update yesterday 1809 windows. I have never tried to get into sleeping mode when i have previous versions of windows. I got into sleeping mode accidentally, when i was trying to shut down but click on sleep 🙂 This accidental problem happened 2 days ago, when i got first time it, i switch off the power, then i tried another time just because of curiosity and click 2 times enter it passed error, then today it did not work again.
Also i have never updated bios, i do have initial version of it. I have that mobo for year and i have never experience any erros with that mobo beside this one that i faced right now. My pc specification:
CPU: Amd Ryzen Threadripper 1950x
Ram: 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200mhz
2x m2 Sata samsung evo 500 mb
GPU: MSI Lightning Z 1080ti
PSU: Corsair 1200 watts

Please Help!!!!
10 REPLIES 10

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
What BIOS are you on?

Maybe consider 1601 if you are far back in the BIOS chain...

Sleep can often show up marginal stability in RAM...maybe tuning some voltage there might help.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
What BIOS are you on?

Maybe consider 1601 if you are far back in the BIOS chain...

Sleep can often show up marginal stability in RAM...maybe tuning some voltage there might help.

Thank you so much for reply! I am using bios 0211. I talk with Asus customer support and i sent the photos about that to them, surprisingly even they do not know what is the cause of that. One of the users which are actually using different model of mobo, said that the reason of such a error that he also encountered was that after the sleeping mode, cpu voltage ıncreases and it might lead to such a behavior, solution for him was to decrease the voltages. I actually did not overclock my 1950x and as you can see from photo, my corsair is not appropriate for overclocking because it does not cover whole heatsink. I have checked from bios stability for RAM, it preserves 3200mhz.

Jesse92 wrote:
I have checked from bios stability for RAM, it preserves 3200mhz.

It's not so much the frequency being preserved as the training the RAM and CPU do together on a proper boot.

What SOC voltage is the board setting?

That is an old BIOS...this being a relatively new platform I would recommend trying the latest BIOS at least. BIOS Flashback method.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
It's not so much the frequency being preserved as the training the RAM and CPU do together on a proper boot.

What SOC voltage is the board setting?

That is an old BIOS...this being a relatively new platform I would recommend trying the latest BIOS at least. BIOS Flashback method.

Voltage setting is 1.24*
There is one interesting feature happens when it sometimes wakes up from sleeping mode is cpu temperature on mobo led shows 70 degrees, which tctl if i am not mistaken, i mean lets say before sleeping mode its on 64 degrees and if it wakes up, it jumped to 70. I am not too much understanding in tech so sorry for that, thank you for assisting me 🙂
*By searching from other amd cpu users, maybe the reason is that windows 1809 version got a issue with power distribution, because if cpu temp increases like that after sleeping mode, 1950x suddenly demand for high power which makes it maybe mobo not have enough power to operate on itself, i am so sorry for my inaccurate suggestion if its wrong. I checked chipset amd driver that has been released on october and in driver they put amd ryzen power balanced plan. I checked for mine power settings and in my plan settings i do have only default, power saving and high performance, does not have ryzen power plan. Is it possible that windows 1809 crashes with 1950x?
Thank you sooo much again for reply🙂*

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
A lot is possible in electronics...I guess it's just going with what's more probable when troubleshooting.

I would update BIOS and chipset driver to latest and test again.

1.24 SOC is already quite high...I'd be tempted to try 1.1 and see...sometimes too much on that input can be as bad as not enough.

Maybe disable fast boot in windows.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
A lot is possible in electronics...I guess it's just going with what's more probable when troubleshooting.

I would update BIOS and chipset driver to latest and test again.

1.24 SOC is already quite high...I'd be tempted to try 1.1 and see...sometimes too much on that input can be as bad as not enough.

Maybe disable fast boot in windows.

Tomorrow i am gonna reinstall windows and will try on 1709 version and will see how it behaves.If it ll be same i ll update bios. Thank you so much for reply ☺️*

JustinThyme
Level 13
One thing I've come to find it newer HEDT Boards do not like sleeping. On or Off. I dont even like using the fast start feature.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
One thing I've come to find it newer HEDT Boards do not like sleeping. On or Off. I dont even like using the fast start feature.

Interesting fact i found in forums is that sleeping issues most of time are coming up with asus extreme version boards, i just feel so kind of bad that when i talk with customer support of asus, they told me that they do not know what might be the reason of that issue. How is that possible as producer does not know about its own product
Thank you so much for reply!*

Jesse92
Level 7
I did reinstall windows and went back to 1803 version, it works perfectly fine now. What i have learnt from this experience is that do not use windows assistant to update to new version of windows unless if it is not getting through automatic update. I talk to windows about that issue and they told me do not update to 1809 unless if windows update do not receiving it automatically, because it can lead to errors so as soon as amd release specific drivers for that, it will update automatically. Thank you Arne and Justin for assisting me☺️

If anybody face such a kind of problem solution is to install 1803 and do not use windows assistant and wait for automatic update to get needed updates of version*