cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus X399 Zenith Extreme and a BIOS with a support for a SAM (resizbale BAR) ??

czolo
Level 7
Hi
I saw that other vendors has published the new BIOS versions for their X399 motherboards with a "resizable bar" support. Does Asus has any plans to publish an update for our x399 boards too?
518 Views
15 REPLIES 15

KraZy_SkitZy wrote:
Myself and another fella made a modded bios with updated microcode, Lan, gop, and raid firmware if anyone is interested. The zenith bios is the first post an strix is near the end. No resizeable bar but it's something I guess.
https://www.win-raid.com/t6976f44-OFFER-Asus-ROG-Zenith-Extreme-BIOS-UEFI-v-mod-ROM.html


What updates were done? I looked at it and am confused. What cpu micro code update? Any chance you could mod it to add resizable bar?

DragonessLover wrote:
What updates were done? I looked at it and am confused. What cpu micro code update? Any chance you could mod it to add resizable bar?

Most of the micrcode updates were relevant to the 1950x/2950x, an as said earlier just the gop firmware, Lan firmware, and raid firmware were updated. I'm not smart enough to unlock features to be honest. I have a x399 zenith and strix an can vouche for both bios being stable an fine. Your mileage for performance will vary but shouldn't worsen as om not sure what the newer firmware an microcode offer if it's performance or just security. I found my strix with the 1950x boosted more frequently to 4ghz, could just be a coincidence... (I've yet to ever see 4.2 for some reason on stock or modded bios, nor sure if I enable or disable a setting that stops xfr()

KraZy_SkitZy wrote:
Most of the micrcode updates were relevant to the 1950x/2950x, an as said earlier just the gop firmware, Lan firmware, and raid firmware were updated. I'm not smart enough to unlock features to be honest. I have a x399 zenith and strix an can vouche for both bios being stable an fine. Your mileage for performance will vary but shouldn't worsen as om not sure what the newer firmware an microcode offer if it's performance or just security. I found my strix with the 1950x boosted more frequently to 4ghz, could just be a coincidence... (I've yet to ever see 4.2 for some reason on stock or modded bios, nor sure if I enable or disable a setting that stops xfr()


Thanks. Maybe it will fix my ram issues lol. For 1950x I think that only 2 cores that boost to 4.2ghz. It a setting that enabled by default in bios.

Well I got the bios downloaded not sure when i will get to it though.

DragonessLover wrote:
Thanks. Maybe it will fix my ram issues lol. For 1950x I think that only 2 cores that boost to 4.2ghz. It a setting that enabled by default in bios.

Well I got the bios downloaded not sure when i will get to it though.

Nice, keep us posted if it does fix your issue.
Just an FYI, you won't see any revision changes in your bios, so if you want to validate the flash, which there should be no reason it doesn't flash. note the firmware version of something like your Lan in its driver info or microcode revision before an after from one of you favorite hardware info
viewers. Also you cannot flash via the bios ez flash you will have to use the usb method.

DingleBerry
Level 7
So disappointed to see the level of support the Zenith board has received (not received)....

I must of missed some news apparently because officially Nvidia Titan RTX does not support resizable bar. What a bummer 😞