cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus X399 Zenith Extreme and a BIOS with a support for a SAM (resizbale BAR) ??

czolo
Level 7
Hi
I saw that other vendors has published the new BIOS versions for their X399 motherboards with a "resizable bar" support. Does Asus has any plans to publish an update for our x399 boards too?
15 REPLIES 15

AS185
Level 10
That's a very good question. I read some time ago that AMD was suppose to implement the SAM function to most of their models. I don't know if this will be entirely true.

AS185 wrote:
That's a very good question. I read some time ago that AMD was suppose to implement the SAM function to most of their models. I don't know if this will be entirely true.

There are Bios files available for MSI and Asrock x399 motherboards,. If their customers could already benefit of SAM feature, than I would expect that Asus can't be worse.

czolo,

We just have to wait and be patient. On the forum here, I read that the Zenith Extreme II has implemented the feature.

czolo wrote:
There are Bios files available for MSI and Asrock x399 motherboards,. If their customers could already benefit of SAM feature, than I would expect that Asus can't be worse.

Or maybe we should expect just that, what's the latest firmware dated ? 2019/08/08, version 2001. I think this is most definitely my last asus board.

As one collogue of mine used to say, **** them.

Yep. The BIOS version 2001 is outdated. I know for a fact that Zenith Extreme has 4G Decoding feature inside the BIOS settings. I hope it doesn't take Asus too long to update the BIOS for Resizable BAR support. I have an Titan RTX and the newest Nvidia driver has the attribute.

gloves085
Level 7
According to this redditor , ASUS has no plans to implement support... if true I'm done with ASUS. I'm eagerly awaiting the new Threadrippers and currently looking at MSI for that build.

gloves085 wrote:
According to this redditor , ASUS has no plans to implement support... if true I'm done with ASUS. I'm eagerly awaiting the new Threadrippers and currently looking at MSI for that build.

I guess asus feels those of us who adopted this higher end platform from them don't feel we deserve any long term an loyalty support. Guess asus doesnt care, at least an official statement would be nice from them. Asrock an msi have gotten my interest now that they've proven they offer long term support on their enthusiast boards. Does anyone from asus even support this forum section anymore?

KraZy_SkitZy wrote:
I guess asus feels those of us who adopted this higher end platform from them don't feel we deserve any long term an loyalty support. Guess asus doesnt care, at least an official statement would be nice from them. Asrock an msi have gotten my interest now that they've proven they offer long term support on their enthusiast boards. Does anyone from asus even support this forum section anymore?

Truly sad. I been running this board since launch. Works fine and everything. I paid $540 for it. Why we were abandoned idk. Definitely lost support for asus if they cannot do what other vendors can.

Maybe some one can mod the bios and implement?

Myself and another fella made a modded bios with updated microcode, Lan, gop, and raid firmware if anyone is interested. The zenith bios is the first post an strix is near the end. No resizeable bar but it's something I guess.
https://www.win-raid.com/t6976f44-OFFER-Asus-ROG-Zenith-Extreme-BIOS-UEFI-v-mod-ROM.html