cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4090 BIOS update for Zenith II Extreme ?

linxeye
Level 8
Hey there,

Seems like the Zenith II Extreme is slowly falling into abandonware, yet they are still active users out there Asus 😉 While we'd love to have a BIOS update with AGESA 1.2.0.7 is there an update in the works for 4090 compatibility ? I'm seeing some instability on the platform since installing 4090 especially when it comes to specific games/benchmarks. I suspect that some BIOS tweaking might be required...

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Please note there is a new BIOS available - 1701
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-zenith/rog-zenith-ii-extreme-model/helpdesk_bios/

Give it a try and let us know if anything else. We ran 3DMark for 11 hours without any trouble.

Tyberious
Level 9
Do you have any more specific patch notes than what is given on the bios update page? Its quite vague lol.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Any specific info you're looking for? Some parameters are confidential and often meaningless for the general public.

Hey any chance we can get a Zenith II Extreme bios update to support the 4090?
I am stuck with 4 machines that only run PCI x16 1.1 with the 4090 and tried everything else to fix this but seems you have not updated the bios. Running on latest bios. Are we going to get an update? These are expensive boards and seems like we have been abandoned.

Zenith II Extreme / TR 3970x / RTX 4090 TUF works fine at PCI-e 4.0 x16

However, I did have problems using a GPU riser, which would only run at PCI-e 3.0 x16, at 4.0 it kept dropping to x1.

Also, make sure you haven't set the PCI slots to PCI-e 1.0 or x1 in the bios.

Pics below are whilst running Furmark, not sure how you're checking, but the power saving features drop the PCI-e slots to x1 1.0 when not in use.

z2e.gif

Screenshot 2023-07-03 195309.png

Thanks very much for the reply. Good to know it should work.
Tried a different x16 slot and that seems to work now.
I JUST WISH ASUS WOULD PUT MORE INFO IN BIOS UPDATES.
Surely in one bios update they could have said updated to xyz now includes 4090 support.