Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32gb corsair vengeance 4 sticks wont work

dusty459
Level 7
right iv brought 8x4 32gb ram ddr4 corsair vengeance quad channel kit as
i was using dual channel 32gb and only 2x16 as didnt have enough for quad until
now
i have the Tried Placing the 4 In the Lighter Slots as the manual sugguests didnt work the pc starts then shuts down starts shuts down continuesly iv tryed all 4 on the left and the right same thing happens anyone Iv Made sure there in Till the Bottom and Top Click
15 REPLIES 15

Tom128
Level 7
Could be a bad board, but you could have made the same mistake I did so I will go ahead and give a suggestion. This advice borders on an insult to people that are in the market for this motherboard, BUT, I had this exact same issue (with the exact same memory) and I nearly returned the motherboard for replacement but was stubborn. Once I realized the issue I just laughed at myself and felt dumb but maybe this will help.

Take the memory out and then re-install it but make sure that you push down firmly, with a LOT of force, on the bottom part of the memory stick until you hear a click that it's completely in. Even though only the top part of the DIMMs have a latch the bottom half will click. I didn't do this in one of the slots and the system was powering on and off, the LiveDash kept going past the memory check (which I found odd once I knew the problem), it would get the CPU and then instantly turn off and re-start until I pulled the plug. Once I made sure all the sticks were secure, it worked.

yes iv done this ill try again in the morning if not either the ram will go back or motherboard also iv noticed aside from that the boot speed using nvme samsing 960 1tb pro is slow but im trying to get the bloody ram to work

To get mine stable I had to raise the ram and bootram voltage to 1.4v and the memory controller to 1.1v,then it could run stable at 3200mhz.
However coldboot problems would still happens whenever they liked which I would bypass by pressing the red safeboot button on the bottom of the motherboard and then boot in from bios.
Hope it helps.

thanks can anyone confirm the rightslots that 4 sticks go in

JustinThyme
Level 13
First and foremost...
Am I reading this correctly that you had two sticks and bought 2 more?
Or did you have a daul channel kit of 2 sticks then put those aside and bought a seperate 4 channel kit with 4 sticks?

If its the first and you bought two sticks, then bought two more this is a recipe for disaster and most likely your problem.
They sell them in kits for a reason. I wish it were different but its not. The faster the ram and tighter the settings the more important it is to buy the kit you need first time out.
When the sticks are made, they all do it the same way, every stick is plugged into a tester and its properties measured. They then bin sticks with like properties together. When they start making up kits they pull how ever many sticks and test them together before packing them up and selling them as a kit.
Mixing sticks from different kits and especially different manufacturing runs often leads to exactly what you are experiencing. Sometimes you get lucky and they happen to work but the forum is full of the same story in a massive amount of posts where sticks from different kits were mixed, even the same part number from the same manufacturer, and ended in less than disireable results. Some dont work at all, some wont run XMP or even OC in the least.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

I have all 4 sticks of ram in the lighter slots on mine

St4v0 wrote:
I have all 4 sticks of ram in the lighter slots on mine

Yeah I Put them in those Slots to and Made sure the Clicked on Both Ends But it Just Continually Stops and Starts

dont forget the safeboot button (red) on the bottom of the motherboard.that will get you into bios,and from their you should be able to F10 and boot straight into windows.

St4v0 wrote:
dont forget the safeboot button (red) on the bottom of the motherboard.that will get you into bios,and from their you should be able to F10 and boot straight into windows.

That's the Thing it wont even load the Screen I turn it on I see on the display of the MB Memory then Instant off then back on then off Its Just ODD that the 32gb Corsair Dominator Works But the Corsair Vengeance