cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
85 REPLIES 85

Shamino wrote:
hi
vf8 will always be the last pt, the max potential freq
if you dont have a pt there, how would u expect to be able to adjust v for your oc freq?
Since 52 is turbo on a 10700k, shouldn't its voltage be controlled by additional turbo voltage instead of a VF point?
yes it is controlled by additional turbo voltage AND VF point, it is the sum of the 2.
i dont see why raising vf7 makes 52x then not stable? just raise vf7 as needed, dont change the adaptive voltage u have set, dont adjust vf8 and let the pcu sort it out
the processor's PCU will compare the resultant of VF7 vs VF8 and apply VF8's resultant volt if its higher.

Like I said, I would expect to adjust for oc frequency > 51x with adaptive "additional turbo voltage" only.

In the case of my chip, 51x all-core, I am stable with a VF7 +.02 and a VF8 of -.09. Going to 52x, I am also stable at al lower voltage for 52x, but if I set Vf8 to that, my 51x drops too low as it is interpolated. I only have the choice of increasing Vf7 or Vf8 (well both) well beyond they point they are stable in order to make interpolated 51x stable. IME there should not be overlap of these features.

EDIT:

Would add that part of the problem is my (and I think others) chips VF curves don't match reality. I think this is a great feature you have added , I just have issues applying it to my chip.

I am also happy to see PPD added. I have set it to 0 with significant improvements to my latency. 🙂

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

Shamino
no, like u said u want to use adaptive for 52x so go ahead and do that,
up vf7 to whatever is need to stabilize 51x. leave vf8 alone do nothing here
the vf offsets u set " well beyond they point they are stable" did u check the actual voltage to see that there really is a diff, if they are really "well beyond they point they are stable"

Shamino wrote:
no, like u said u want to use adaptive for 52x so go ahead and do that,
up vf7 to whatever is need to stabilize 51x. leave vf8 alone do nothing here
the vf offsets u set " well beyond they point they are stable" did u check the actual voltage to see that there really is a diff, if they are really "well beyond they point they are stable"

I think -.09 VF8 for 51x is a clue, I will take some screen captures 52 vs 51 to illustrate when I get a cchance.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

In my experience with Apex and a 10900K, is that overclocking using the v/f point table is very difficult when you also overclock the cache, AND dual rank memory at high speeds. Anything less than Load Line Calibration 6 quickly becomes unstable too. ( I run 2 x 16GB dual rank modules at 4500C18)

So is this OCTVB feature more for people who don't overclock cache and don't run rank dual memory at high speeds?

Added a screenshot to show my settings, for those who wonder if I'm talking BS. CPU allcore 5.0, cache 4.7 and Adaptive voltage. Would be nice if the new BIOS would allow me to still have 5.0 allcore + higher speeds at light work loads!

Betroz wrote:
In my experience with Apex and a 10900K, is that overclocking using the v/f point table is very difficult when you also overclock the cache, AND dual rank memory at high speeds. Anything less than Load Line Calibration 6 quickly becomes unstable too. ( I run 2 x 16GB dual rank modules at 4500C18)

So is this OCTVB feature more for people who don't overclock cache and don't run rank dual memory at high speeds?

Added a screenshot to show my settings, for those who wonder if I'm talking BS. CPU allcore 5.0, cache 4.7 and Adaptive voltage. Would be nice if the new BIOS would allow me to still have 5.0 allcore + higher speeds at light work loads!

did u try the +1boost with cstate enabled?

Shamino wrote:
did u try the +1boost with cstate enabled?

No. I am asking about the new BIOS and gathering information before i try it. Sorry if my post was unclear. Running 0088 atm.

Shamino
well i sure do think with your current setting and just do a +1boost should get u 5.1 at times and be stable,

Either I always have >3 cores active, or there's something "off". Used the +1 with a purely "AI Optimized" OC profile, but I only ever see 5100 as max freq on any cores, even when idle on desktop versus the 5400 MHz max for <= 3 cores. Not sure if this is due to VF curve computation or what. Without the +1 profile, I do see 5300 Mhz occasionally as expected.

This is with a 10900K and 140mm AIO cooler, only other setting is XMP profile for 3600 CL16 DRAM. Running on Z490I. (yes, not quite enough for this CPU but I'm a crazy person with a mITX 🙂 )

EDIT: Either I misremembered or the new bios changed something, because even without the OCTVB enabled I can never trigger the higher multiplier on 3 or even 4 cores alone. 5 core multiplier and up will trigger however. Not a big deal, but strange nonetheless...

morello1n wrote:
Either I always have >3 cores active, or there's something "off". Used the +1 with a purely "AI Optimized" OC profile, but I only ever see 5100 as max freq on any cores, even when idle on desktop versus the 5400 MHz max for <= 3 cores. Not sure if this is due to VF curve computation or what. Without the +1 profile, I do see 5300 Mhz occasionally as expected.

This is with a 10900K and 140mm AIO cooler, only other setting is XMP profile for 3600 CL16 DRAM. Running on Z490I. (yes, not quite enough for this CPU but I'm a crazy person with a mITX 🙂 )

EDIT: Either I misremembered or the new bios changed something, because even without the OCTVB enabled I can never trigger the higher multiplier on 3 or even 4 cores alone. 5 core multiplier and up will trigger however. Not a big deal, but strange nonetheless...

do u have csates enabl;ed?

Shamino wrote:
well i sure do think with your current setting and just do a +1boost should get u 5.1 at times and be stable,

I tried the new BIOS and feature. It works for light loads, but high CPU load games like Battlefield 5 multiplayer, don't really benefit - at least not with my Liquid Freezer II 360 AIO cooling. Keeping temps under 70C at all times is difficult. Maybe the feature is more suited for people with a custom loop 🙂