cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z390-I VCCIO and System Agent...What do you guys set your voltages at?

tml4191
Level 7
Hardware:
- Z390-I motherboard
- (16gb x 2) 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000Mhz C15 (CMR32GX4M2C3000C15)
- 9900K CPU

I put VCCIO and System Agent voltages to Auto, which set VCCIO to 1.328 V and System Agent to 1.232 V.

I asked around on YouTube and Reddit, and nearly everyone said I could lower it.

So I lowered the VCCIO to 1.232 V in bios, which was the same as the System Agent voltage, and it jumped to 1.264 V, according to HWiNFO64 and HWMonitor.

Corsair also mentioned to leave it on auto for stability reasons, but I have yet to run into any problems at 1.264 V, even after succesfully passing OCCT medium packet, AIDA64 and MEMTest64.

How far should I lower the VCCIO and System Agent before calling it a day? I just don't want to have to CMOS reset. Some people even said go as low as 1.1xx.

What do you guys run your VCCIO and System Agent voltages at?
47 REPLIES 47

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Depends on the CPU and memory kit. These are signal rails and thus come down to alignment. Too much voltage can cause instability just as much as too little, so tuning can sometimes be needed. Because Ramtest is reliable at finding errors quickly it makes these adjustments less difficult.

Example:

Thanks

Leoplate25
Level 7
Hi! VCCIO and SA voltages for 9600k stock and 3000mhz ram??? Is 1.1v on both good enough? Thanks!!!
If we can't live together, we are gonna die alone.

Leoplate25 wrote:
Hi! VCCIO and SA voltages for 9600k stock and 3000mhz ram??? Is 1.1v on both good enough? Thanks!!!

These are signal rails and are CPU dependent, so your question is akin to asking how long is a piece of string ;). If the memory is stable, then 1.1v is fine.

Be sure to check stability with a reasonable memory stress test such as Ramtest or HCI Memtest Pro.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
These are signal rails and are CPU dependent, so your question is akin to asking how long is a piece of string ;). If the memory is stable, then 1.1v is fine.

Be sure to check stability with a reasonable memory stress test such as Ramtest or HCI Memtest Pro.

Hi, i'm from Argentina and i don't have paypal and i don't have a credit card to buy these programs. Which one can i run for free?

Leoplate25 wrote:
Hi, i'm from Argentina and i don't have paypal and i don't have a credit card to buy these programs. Which one can i run for free?

Memtest86 is free.

Enderwiggin03 wrote:
Memtest86 is free.

I ran memtest86 without any issues! And i ran Prime 95 Blend test flawlessly too. Thanks!!!

desolator4u
Level 7
What is the impact on temps?
8700K / Noctua U12S / Maximus X Hero / 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti / Seasonic Prime 650W / 4 x 1TB SSD / 970 Pro 512GB M.2 / Game Zero Headset / K95 Platinum / Logitech G502 / Win 10 x64/ ViewSonic XG2701 1080p 144Hz

desolator4u wrote:
What is the impact on temps?

Not in temps only. If i set vccio and sa lower, my ASUS board won't do its memory training feature (system on, off and on again).

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Neither of those are sufficient at testing current platforms in regards to memory stability. If you don't feel you want to pay for anything, HCI Memtest has a free version.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Neither of those are sufficient at testing current platforms in regards to memory stability. If you don't feel you want to pay for anything, HCI Memtest has a free version.

Hey, thanks for your reply and time! I ran MemTest 100% coverage (6 tests, 2048mb each) with 0 errors.