cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z390-I VCCIO and System Agent...What do you guys set your voltages at?

tml4191
Level 7
Hardware:
- Z390-I motherboard
- (16gb x 2) 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000Mhz C15 (CMR32GX4M2C3000C15)
- 9900K CPU

I put VCCIO and System Agent voltages to Auto, which set VCCIO to 1.328 V and System Agent to 1.232 V.

I asked around on YouTube and Reddit, and nearly everyone said I could lower it.

So I lowered the VCCIO to 1.232 V in bios, which was the same as the System Agent voltage, and it jumped to 1.264 V, according to HWiNFO64 and HWMonitor.

Corsair also mentioned to leave it on auto for stability reasons, but I have yet to run into any problems at 1.264 V, even after succesfully passing OCCT medium packet, AIDA64 and MEMTest64.

How far should I lower the VCCIO and System Agent before calling it a day? I just don't want to have to CMOS reset. Some people even said go as low as 1.1xx.

What do you guys run your VCCIO and System Agent voltages at?
47 REPLIES 47

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
I was talking about memory speed, as we were speaking about VCCSA and VCCIO. The CPU is at 5GHz with no AVX offset @ 1.34v. Memory is 4GHz CAS 16-17-17 1T. As I stated above, these rails are CPU specific.

Hmmm.. maybe I should try to work my voltage down a tad more. 4000 MHz at 1.1v and 1.15v is superb.

mdzcpa wrote:
Hmmm.. maybe I should try to work my voltage down a tad more. 4000 MHz at 1.1v and 1.15v is superb.

IMC comes down to lottery just as much as core does, mine is probably in the upper echelon. Around 1.2-1.25v is probably ballpark.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Thanks for sharing. How do you personally stability test VCCIO and SA voltages?

tml4191 wrote:
Thanks for sharing. How do you personally stability test VCCIO and SA voltages?

Use Ramtest. https://www.karhusoftware.com/ramtest/

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:

what is the difference in these app and the Memtest64?
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Itzycharles wrote:
what is the difference in these app and the Memtest64?

Short version; Night and day.

Ramtest is far more brutal.

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:

ok I think i can spare the 30 for these. that will work on my our YT channel test.

Thanks SilentScone
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:

Ramtest so far has been working great, but I still have some questions before I go any further:

I set vccio to 1.1750 V and SA to 1.2 V in bios, but HWiNFO reads vccio as 1.2 V and SA as 1.232 V. With the Z390-i automatically adding higher voltages, should I even test any lower? I mean what would happen if I set it too low? Would I have to clear cmos?

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:

Thank you! I'm interested in buying this.

I have a Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) 3000mhz cl15 with a Z390-I mobo and 9900K cpu, and I found out that my ram sticks are Samsung B-die through Thaiphoon Burner. If I get this software, I'd like to maximize my ram OC, but I have yet to seriously look into how to do it. I have 0 knowledge about manually setting ram timings, but I'm willing to learn. Is there some kind of guide or video that shows how I can safely OC my ram?

Would overclocking past stock XMP settings, which is 3000mhz, even be beneficial in my specific setup?

tml4191 wrote:
Thank you! I'm interested in buying this.

I have a Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) 3000mhz cl15 with a Z390-I mobo and 9900K cpu, and I found out that my ram sticks are Samsung B-die through Thaiphoon Burner. If I get this software, I'd like to maximize my ram OC, but I have yet to seriously look into how to do it. I have 0 knowledge about manually setting ram timings, but I'm willing to learn. Is there some kind of guide or video that shows how I can safely OC my ram?

Would overclocking past stock XMP settings, which is 3000mhz, even be beneficial in my specific setup?

Depends. With a 2 DIMM setup on that board, you may be better off dialing in the sub timings rather than pushing frequency. Ramtest is very much click and go, no setup required. Test between 4000-6000% coverage. There are some good threads to help you get started:

https://www.overclock.net/forum/5-intel-cpus/1569364-official-intel-ddr4-24-7-memory-stability-threa...