cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z390-E Gaming, SSD dont show Boot

RichardBits
Level 7
Good Morning

My HDD got broken and today i got M.2 NVMe to replace my HDD.

My problem is: On Bios, Boot priority dont show any storage devices i have which are 1-SSD and 1-M.2 NVMe

My motherboard is Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming with latest drives 1602.

Note: M.2 NVMe is installed on socket ( M.2_2 ) i dont have any traces windows installed on this devices.

Any Help would be very appreciated. Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

cljustin
Level 8
Hello Richard,

Did you already format your M.2 via Windows in Disk Management?

Hi cljustin, i dont have Windows installed for that, what i have done so far is: I have reset CMOS ( because it covers alot of problems ) it didnt worked , them i changed the Sata controller to AHCI them to Intel RST ( for each reboot ) - Nothing worked , i have changed the cables of Sata ports of the devices of Storage, Am very curious what is causing this problem on Boot not founding any device of Storage ( M.2 and SSD ) , problem still persist.

My Pc is Half year new ( my Old HDD broken i got it from my old pc )

RichardBits wrote:
Hi cljustin, i dont have Windows installed for that, what i have done so far is: I have reset CMOS ( because it covers alot of problems ) it didnt worked , them i changed the Sata controller to AHCI them to Intel RST ( for each reboot ) - Nothing worked , i have changed the cables of Sata ports of the devices of Storage, Am very curious what is causing this problem on Boot not founding any device of Storage ( M.2 and SSD ) , problem still persist.

My Pc is Half year new ( my Old HDD broken i got it from my old pc )

Hello RichardBits,

1. Unplug and plug the M.2 drive and test
2. If still persist, plug the M.2 on M.2_1 slot.
3. Go to BIOS -> CSM -> Disable;
4. Please Install OS on M.2 drive and it should show up in BIOS
Sincerely,
Legolas

Thank you