cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z390-E Gaming 4133Mhz ram instability

qlfenv
Level 7
A-Data SPectrix 4133 4x8gb sticks 19-23-23-45 at 1.4v not stable on z390-e gaming.
Changing vccsa vccio doesn't help. Going Dimm voltage up to 1.5 doesn't help so i guess the motherboard is not optimised for this memory.
I settled on 3800 16-16-16-34 at 1.4v vdimm with every subtiming at very very tight values working just fine on 1.25 IO/SA. What can i do to run 4000 or more on this combo? I have a 9900k R0.
Loosening the timings even more than the default xmp profile doesn't do anything so i guess i hit a wall on the motherboard which is weird. this mb can do up to 4266 so there must be some tweaks that i can do to make it work. I only mess with primaries, secondaries, tertiary and some voltages as vccio/vccsa/vdimm. Help please.

UPDATE: It was these settings:
ODT RTT PARK (CHA) [Auto]
ODT RTT PARK (CHB) [Auto
Change them to 40 48 and you're good. There is hope afterall. Your 9900ks might not have a trash IMC and your board might not have to be replaced. Read the thread for more details.
14 REPLIES 14

Enderwiggin03 wrote:
Nah, I've tried different ram, and my previous 9900k couldn't do it either.

You might have to change others too, not only the park value, or increase vccio and vccsa voltages.

Read these for more info (taken from a long reddit post about RYZEN MEMORY OC):

''
Termination Resistances:

ProcODT: Processor On-Die Termination Impedance. The resistance which a memory signal travelling to the CPU terminates at. This reduces signal noise and lowers how much the signal over- and undershoots the voltage that the signal should be sent at. From what I understand, going too low can allow signal noise to send faulty signals to the memory, but going too high can actually cause a signal to be absorbed and not reach the processor. This defaults to 53.3Ω.

Overclocking guidelines? : This is probably the most important value to change in this section to improve overclock stability. Notice I only said change, as it is generally accepted that RAM kits have different “preferences” for this value; that is, higher is not necessarily better. The overclocking community recommends keeping this in the range of 40Ω-80Ω, while AMD recommends 60Ω-96Ω. (However, for values of at least 80Ω, you should ensure that your memory is receiving some airflow.) As a rule of thumb, dual rank memory requires this value to be higher than single rank memory, but this does not mean that single rank memory cannot benefit from higher values.

RTT_PARK: Park On-Die Termination Impedance. The resistance at which signals sent to a memory die will terminate when ODT is low. I believe this is related to CKE LOW/Powerdown Mode. From what I can decipher, when RTT_NOM is disabled/off, this value seems to take over. This resistance can help prevent signal integrity loss to dies in which the memory is not executing write commands. The values for this are measured in terms of fractions of RZQ, which is a reference 240Ω resistor.

Overclocking guidelines? : To be honest I’m not really sure exactly how to tune this, but theoretically (and as corroborated by Ryzen DRAM Calculator) a higher value for this may be necessary to stabilize an overclock, as it should help signal integrity. However, like with ProcODT, too high of a resistance probably causes instability by way of signal absorption. Furthermore, several users have reported lower values working better. According to one Micron data sheet, this should be disabled for single-rank DIMMs and enabled for dual-rank DIMMs, but I have not tested this myself.

RTT_NOM: Nominal On-Die Termination Impedance. For high ODT, this is the termination resistance for signals sent to a memory die not being written to, but which is connected to one that is being written to. I believe this is related to CKE HIGH pulses. This resistance can help prevent signal integrity loss when the memory is not executing write commands. The values for this are also measured in terms of fractions of RZQ.

Overclocking guidelines? : See RTT_PARK.

RTT_WR: Dynamic/Write On-Die Termination Impedance. This is the resistance at which signals sending write commands to a memory die will terminate at. This resistance can help prevent signal integrity loss when the memory is executing write commands. The values for this are also measured in terms of fractions of RZQ.

Overclocking guidelines? : Like the previous two I don’t personally know how to tune these, and simply used DRAM Calculator values, but in theory higher can improve stability. Though again, several users have reported lower values working better. The aforementioned data sheet says that memory rank does not impact whether this should be enabled or disabled, so changing this may be purely trial and error and something of a matter of kit “preference.”

''

Mappi75
Level 8
Wow - thank you thats the first time i can boot my 32GB 4.266Mh 17-18-38!

I already tested 5-6 Kits and 2 Maximus XI Extreme Boards and 1x 9900K and 3x9900KS CPU's!

The max what i ever could use was 4.100 16-16-36 and with a second Extreme mobo i can reach 4.133 - GSAT stable!

Now i see the first time booting with the xmp I profile the first time ever!
The funny was 4.300mhz i can boot to without any problems - but it was never GSAT stable.

Thanks for this hint - now i can test if this works GSAT, Memtest Deluxe & Kahru stable.

Mappi75 wrote:
Wow - thank you thats the first time i can boot my 32GB 4.266Mh 17-18-38!

I already tested 5-6 Kits and 2 Maximus XI Extreme Boards and 1x 9900K and 3x9900KS CPU's!

The max what i ever could use was 4.100 16-16-36 and with a second Extreme mobo i can reach 4.133 - GSAT stable!

Now i see the first time booting with the xmp I profile the first time ever!
The funny was 4.300mhz i can boot to without any problems - but it was never GSAT stable.

Thanks for this hint - now i can test if this works GSAT, Memtest Deluxe & Kahru stable.

Nice!

Mappi75
Level 8
I checked my memory but it doesn't run GSAT stable.

Going back to 4.133Mhz 16-16-36

Mappi75
Level 8
Push this thread up - testing my 32GB 4000CL15 kit for gsat stabilty.